announcement The Official "Next Month" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

indietalk

IndieTalk Founder
Staff Member
Admin
Indie of the Month is a success!

We kicked off the IOTM with a couple simple ones. Trailer and Movie Poster. We'll eventually do some challenges where you make the film for IndieTalk. Must have this prop, be this genre, etc. But we'll also keep doing themes and genres for completed projects. Shorts, music videos, commercials, and more. This is the Official "Next Month" thread where you can suggest what happens next.

We would only do a challenge if interest is shown, so also feel free to suggest a few months out, as, that would require advance notice. And show your support with replies and Likes!

I can't see more than two actual challenges per year, maybe one. But feel free to suggest.

Alright let's here your suggestions!

I know I'm biased, but I'd love to see a "best 5 page screenplay" competition. It could be similar to what you described re making the film FOR IndieTalk - must include subject x, have y number of characters, etc.

Five pages is short enough that people can take the time to read them.

I had also thought we could do screenplay but it could be the actual film. Like the Oscars, so you watch the film and the vote is for Best Screenplay. But yes voting for actual screenplays (as a file) is possible too!

It's always going to be one vote. It will never have multiple options. So you wouldn't be able to vote for best overall, best screenplay, best cinematography, etc. But you could have a Best Cinematography month.

Who has a comedic short or music video for March? Hands please! If not please make a suggestion.

bueller.gif

How does Comedic Short sound? 10 minute max run time (total file size including credits).

Comedic defined as a comedy or any hybrid genre, black comedy, dramedy, funny horror, etc.

Bueller?? ;)

That's the way these are going to have to work because no one shows any interest lol. Funny how the thread about starting a comp was so popular but when it happens crickets. Don't worry I'm not giving up. But damn, people. Chime in once in awhile! There's some old timers out there, newbies, all quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back