• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Flight of the Flamingo Trailer!

I read the script a long time ago, pledged on indiegogo and here I am watching the trailer. Can't believe time flies by so quickly. At the same time, I can't seem to come up with clear thoughts about the trailer since I still remember the script well.

I think I would agree that it the dognapping part should be a little more pronounced otherwise most people may not get it. It was said in the trailer but it wasn't a moment which was made a focus of by some sort of music highlight or pause with a reaction shot etc. It just seemed as low key as everything else and people usually needed a bigger hint.

Anyway, looking forward to watching this.

When I decided to go with a more low key piece of music I was aware that there might be people who would prefer something different- often those who make music themselves- but I still think that it works in quite a nice, restrained way.

That's exactly my point, trailers should NOT be restrained, they should be the exact opposite, high impact! The whole point of a trailer is to sell the drama or excitement and therefore the entertainment value of the film. As I said before though, even if you do have a really good reason for creating a "restrained" trailer, there are still problems with the existing music/sound mix which you need to address. Your choice though of course, it's your film after all!

G

Back