• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch THE DOCUMENTARY - music video stills

A few frame grabs of some rough concepts for a new music video I'm working on for a solo singer/songwriter who goes by THE DOCUMENTARY. Captured this footage last night.

http://flickerpictures.com/thedocumentary.htm

Screen%20shot%202011-04-30%20at%2010.59.18%20AM.png

Always a treat to collaborate with musicians who are comfortable letting go of the creative wheel and allowing someone to interpret their music visually.

More to shoot, work in progress...

Last edited:
the only way I can describe this particular track (95 Drive Ways) is lonely, mournful, and hollowed out; along the lines of Kurt Cobain unplugged.

These look fantastic, Jeff - particularly like the guy in the foetal position surrounded by candles. Looking forward to seeing the final thing!

Thanks chilipie. After we set the candles up it dawned on me that being in a fetal position dressed in jeans and a tee shirt just wouldn't have the same effect so I asked Roberto if he wouldn't mind donning his birthday suit. He's committed to the shared vision for the video (it's his song) so he was game. I'm pleased with the shot, too. Took a while to rig, but we got it.

Some fantastic pictures there Flicker! Very eye catching!

Hey, it's the end of May! So where's the goods?! :P Seriously, I can't wait to see the finished product, well done!

Will be editing this with Final Cut Pro X and *hopefully* on a new iMac in June. Thanks for popping in for a looksee. :) Footage was shot on an HV20 so I'm doing the telecine pulldown tango to get true 24p for editing. Cheers.

Finally getting around to an update...

Bought FCPX
wasn't a fan
kept crashing
stalling
seizing up
got a refund
bought Adobe CS5.5 Production Premium at 50% off
now in editing nirvana
spent the last 2 days in the zone
just about done cutting together "95 Driveways" for THE DOCUMENTARY (singer/songwriter)
feels good to be back in the saddle
hoping to get a final cut done in a week or two
looking forward to launching the final
haven't yet dared messing with AE, but plan on experimenting with the WICKERMAN video

hope everyone is doing well and keeping busy :)

Back