The difference marketing can make

These are both the exact same film. I didn't make the graphic but I thought it was pretty interesting...

TMhyr7F.jpg

Interestingly enough.. I'd be more interested in seeing a film titled "Are we officially dating" than "that akward moment"

Largely because that stupid "That akward moment" pseudo phrase is overused and bothers me greatly. Which, I think is due mostly to it being used often times for things that really aren't all that awkward, and is almost as asinine as making a statement and then asking "right?".. I know that one bugs knightly. :)

I'm confused. I see the difference in marketing.
Where do you state what difference it actually made?

Did one of these movies bomb and the other do well?

It is an incredibly intriguing difference.

I would be interested to see the difference it made at the box office. I would hazard a guess that 'Are We Officially Dating' does better than 'That Awkward Moment' - the first looks like a pretty low budget indie film that wouldn't gain too much traction. Are We Officially Dating is/was getting a lot of publicity on radio and such over here. Of course, the promos for it don't make it sound anything like what the first one implies.

That's really interesting. Thanks for sharing.

And here's the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EplDFUES9c

Seems to me that the poster for "That Awkward Moment" is much more honest than that for "Are We Officially Dating?"

Will, what have we learned here?

Are you really going to hold the innocent filmmakers responsible for the decisions of their evil marketing overlords? ;)

You betcha. Wife just walked in the door and wholeheartedly agreed.. followed up by: "Guess we'll have to find the 'foreign' version" :lol:

Back