• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

The details of my series idea

I told ya about a series idea, which I had. Here are some more details maybe you can give me more tips about planning the idea well, writing, etc.

The idea:
Descendants of superheroes (or kids, who had an important event (e.g. an accident).) goes to a high school where they learn to be a superhero and using their powers for good. But they also have to survive the daily problem of a normal kid. Of course, they learn moral lesson, too.

Genre:
Sci fi, superheroes, action, comedy (a little bit comedy)

Characters:
There will be (maybe) 4 main characters. But there also will be other characters. they’ll have of classic powers (e.g. flying) till crazy and uncommon powers (e.g. turn liquid). However, they got different origin, too.—How about an afro-american principal whose mother is an amazon (tribe) warrior?

inspiration of the idea:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JqR3GVqib4

It’s made by RocketJump; I own nothing

@indietalk I don’t know where to start. Should I write the plot first? Create the characters first? Which structure is the right one for this project for each episode? Which topics are ok? etc.

If you know the story you just start. Anywhere. A skeleton. A scene. An ending. I've started with a scene I know I want. Just anything. You HAVE to know your story of course.

If you can't even begin to write, maybe you have no story. And we can't help with that. That's your job.

Maybe you need a writer. You have an idea but don't know what to write. The idea is just that. Not much. I can say, I want to write a movie with a K-9 cop who can hear his dog's thoughts. That's not a story. Where would I begin? That's up to ME, not others.

Do we have another Harmonica44 here?

Future_Screen - Some of us are just not "creatives." Although I tried for many years, putting pen to paper and fingers to piano, I could never write great lyrics/songs. That's okay, though, because I had other related talents. I could arrange and produce, and I was a very accomplished performer and musical director. At this point in my life I do audio post, and I'm pretty good at that, as well. So my strengths are enhancing other peoples work.

Doing anything well requires discipline; that means doing it for several hours EVERY DAY. I didn't sit down at the piano and immediately play Chopin (extremely difficult music, if you didn't know); I had to work my way up to it, strengthening my fingers, my techniques and my knowledge day by day, week by week, month by month, year by year. You need to do the same, just as indietalk has been advising you.

As the old musicians joke goes…..

How do you get to Carnegie Hall?

Practice, practice, practice!!!

Future_Screen, you are a dreamer. You will always be a dreamer until you put pen to paper. Write the script and we will help you from there. Stop dreaming and make it a reality. You have the basic knowledge to start.

Back