• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Acropolis Syndrome

Hey you got some other people in your films.. way to progress.. tell us all about it..

Im guessing the girl is your sister, most everyone early films start out with family, no shame there.

Good story line, your action shots (and most shots for that mater) went to long, try shorter and more frequent cuts to build up some anxiety, that way the long shots will feel like a relief before more stress...

Last edited:
Thank You :) Well first of all it could have been way better but we had some problems...It took us 2 hours to walk up the mountain and we were exhausted..Then one hour latter it started raining so we had to stop...The next day i went up on my own to do some shots (the intro) hmm.. well i am starting to be known where I live as i have made many videos so i don't have problems finding my crew... Some of them have come from far... (that's why we couldn't go up again all of us the next day)
But i probably be making next time short films with less actors cuz it is so difficult to organize it...

I think the opening title is well done.

I've always liked the film idea of coming into the "Middle" of the action.

I would have had her already tied up by hands and being led by the two gents up the mountain-as though on a leash.

Nice smooth panning of the camera-were you on a rolling tripod? Very nice and smooth.

There were some cut to shots which were very quick, and I almost would have liked to hold the shots for an extra second.

Some of the shots with the gent on the scooter on the mountain, it looked like it was shot at different parts of the day, rather than within the same few seconds.

But overall kudos, you've definitely got the "feel" for pacing and timing of a film, the majority of the stuff is more technical-but I like what I see! You've got some good film making "instincts"-that's something you can't teach.

Well done :)

Thank You :) Well first of all it could have been way better but we had some problems...It took us 2 hours to walk up the mountain and we were exhausted..Then one hour latter it started raining so we had to stop...The next day i went up on my own to do some shots (the intro) hmm.. well i am starting to be known where I live as i have made many videos so i don't have problems finding my crew... Some of them have come from far... (that's why we couldn't go up again all of us the next day)
But i probably be making next time short films with less actors cuz it is so difficult to organize it...

Organization will get easier with practice, don't go backwards. You've a good eye for composition, I suspect a good deal of that is natural for you, build on that. Maybe in your next short your 100% behind the camera, focused on directing \ cinematography and not acting. Just a suggestion...

Thank you :) I used a home made dolly that i made for the shots in my house :)
hmm as it's kinda difficult to get people helping me i prefer doing sometimes videos by myself.... And as it's my production i like being an actor also :D
Anyway if i make another short film i will keep you in touch :)

Thank you :) I used a home made dolly that i made for the shots in my house :)
hmm as it's kinda difficult to get people helping me i prefer doing sometimes videos by myself.... And as it's my production i like being an actor also :D
Anyway if i make another short film i will keep you in touch :)

I DO hear you about doing it all yourself-I'm of similar nature! (but I get to hide behind a mask lol). I've got a couple of projects coming down the pipe which actually involve other people-which will be stretching my comfort zone a tad, but I'm getting close to being ready for it.

And if you need a masked actor for future projects, just let me know ;)

I DO hear you about doing it all yourself-I'm of similar nature! (but I get to hide behind a mask lol). I've got a couple of projects coming down the pipe which actually involve other people-which will be stretching my comfort zone a tad, but I'm getting close to being ready for it.

And if you need a masked actor for future projects, just let me know ;)

hah cool :) I make clones of myself LoL but i didn't understand what do you mean masked actor ? :/ :D

hah cool :) I make clones of myself LoL but i didn't understand what do you mean masked actor ? :/ :D

Thanks for excuse for a cheap plug! ;)

http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?t=31470&highlight=Showing+Face

I've also got a couple of other shorts on my youtube channel. People here know me as "that mask person" because my love masks-my avatar is actually me wearing a mask.

Please note that video is VIDEO footage only-I am awaiting my soundtrack from my composer (I'm hoping to get in the next few weeks)-so there is no sound :)

That was pretty good. The climax was a bit clunky, though. What kind of gun did you get shot with, a dart gun or something? That threw me off, because you got up and ended up with the girl.

I enjoyed the mountains and surroundings, so the setting was really nice. What a cool place you live in.

That was pretty good. The climax was a bit clunky, though. What kind of gun did you get shot with, a dart gun or something? That threw me off, because you got up and ended up with the girl.

I enjoyed the mountains and surroundings, so the setting was really nice. What a cool place you live in.

I didn't get shot :/ The girl slapped me to save me :) But yeah the scenario is pretty weak..
@Tinalera Ow okay that looks cool :) I will check out your videos :)

I should have got close ups from the gun because it was an authentic one :D

Back