hollywood That'll get you fired!!

sfoster

Staff Member
I'm starting a new compendium of dumb shit people do to get themselves fired in the entertainment industry

Lethal Weapon on FOX
With over-the-top unrealistic action (think Charlies angels) this shows cornerstone was the chemistry between the two male leads. Damon waynes and clayne Crawford.

The casting was on point, the show was successful, but clayne was emotionally abusive to other cast and crew members. And then when he was in charge of directing an episode someone got hurt from shrapnel.

Fired and .. replaced by seann wiliam scott. nice pickup fox, he'll be an interesting riggs.

Rosanne on ABC

What a comeback (I hear) in terms of ratings. This show was really successful.
And then two days ago Rosanne posted a racist tweet "under the influence of ambien"

Racist Tweet:
Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=Valerie Jarrett

Yup that'll get you fired!!
Okay that's it for now until the next schmuck slips up

James Gunn was fired Friday as director of “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3” because of old tweets that recently emerged where he joked about subjects like pedophilia and rape.

http://time.com/5344997/james-gunn-fired-old-tweets/

My words of nearly a decade ago were, at the time, totally failed and unfortunate efforts to be provocative. I have regretted them for many years since — not just because they were stupid, not at all funny, wildly insensitive, and certainly not provocative like I had hoped, but also because they don’t reflect the person I am today or have been for some time,” Gunn said in a statement. “Regardless of how much time has passed, I understand and accept the business decisions taken today. Even these many years later, I take full responsibility for the way I conducted myself then.

Mayans MC

Don't be a dick!

The Mayans M.C. showrunner has been fired following what sources describe as "multiple complaints" over his behavior on the drama series.

Representatives for FX and 20th Century Fox TV declined comment. Representatives for Sutter did not respond to multiple requests for comment.

Last edited:
If you work in hollywood I have a protip for you -- DONT TALK SHIT ABOUT ANYTHING JEWISH

Why? Cause that'll get you fired!!! Goodbye Gina Carano from the mandalorian

Et4Vb3WXAAcnsxf

LOL. With CANCEL CULTURE at its best right now? A LOT OF SHIT WILL GET YOU FIRED. LOL. I like your thread.

My favorite so far was when stephen colbert's intern for twitter almost got his show canceled.

"I am willing to show #Asian community I care by introducing the Ching-Chong Ding-Dong Foundation for Sensitivity to Orientals or Whatever," read the tweet from @ColbertReport.

If you work in hollywood I have a protip for you -- DONT TALK SHIT ABOUT ANYTHING JEWISH

Why? Cause that'll get you fired!!! Goodbye Gina Carano from the mandalorian

Et4Vb3WXAAcnsxf
And don't forget about Nick Cannon.

Last edited:
I hope you don't mind as this one isn't in the Entertainment Industry. So while I think about THOSE for awhile... This is one I certainly smirked about when I read it last year:

Boeing Communications Boss Niel Golightly Resigns Over Sexist Article

Of course, he resigned but trust me... HE HAD TO or he would have eventually been fired. LOL.
I dont mind, its interesting something three decades old can cost you your job.
If youre a shithead and you see something like that youve really gotta think to yourself Why should I bother improving?
Why should i put the effort into being a better person if the world will forever judge me on my past?

Doesnt leave people much room for hope and personal growth.

I think that's true for MOST people that get caught up in it... Although, some... Like Cannon, J.K. Rowling, or DeGeneres who seem to get out in front of it as soon as possible seem to be able to keep chugging along. It would be interesting to discuss the differences I think. Why some people get FIRED and some do not.

Power? Money? Fan base? Seriousness of the SHIT they did? Interesting.

Last edited:
I remember very clearly things I did 30 and 35 years ago. The guy could easily have told his bosses at Boeing that there's an article out there that could come back to bite him (and them) in the ass. So let's get ahead of it and write something that addresses how "my" (his) views have evolved and how different the world is now. So I have no sympathy for him.

Darm..... I like Gina Carano's caracter in the Mandalorian. So sad that the half of the American population hates the other half and vice versa. As Dutch outsider I see this gap between left and right increasing ...not getting smaller :(

I never understood what the J.K. Rowling, did wrong. Lindsay Ellis was incredibly angry at J.K. Rowling for some reason....

Last edited:
I remember very clearly things I did 30 and 35 years ago. The guy could easily have told his bosses at Boeing that there's an article out there that could come back to bite him (and them) in the ass. So let's get ahead of it and write something that addresses how "my" (his) views have evolved and how different the world is now. So I have no sympathy for him.
Exactly... Me either. That does seem to be one of the strategies of NOT getting fired or not losing whatever brand you've managed to create. GETTING OUT IN FRONT OF IT BEFORE IT BITES YOU IN THE ASS. LOL.

Back