• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Terra Incognita

Interesting.

Did you change the shutter speed in the opening shot of the weeds? If so, to what rate?

What was the aesthetic choice for using the fabric as a background throughout? Simply superimposed or did you use mattes/masks?

Finally what did you shoot on? 5D? 7D? Other?

Interesting.

Did you change the shutter speed in the opening shot of the weeds? If so, to what rate?

What was the aesthetic choice for using the fabric as a background throughout? Simply superimposed or did you use mattes/masks?

Finally what did you shoot on? 5D? 7D? Other?

I didn't personally shoot that grass shot, it was a team of two of us and the actress and my co-shooter, Kevin Margo did that shot. However I'm pretty sure he stuck with the 1/60th that we decided on. I can tell you that we used two 5D's and three lenses - 24mm 2.8, 50mm 1.4, and a 135mm 2.0 for all the shots. The second grass shot was done with the 135mm.

The texture, color treatment etc. were all done in post with Digital Fusion (which we both use professionally at work so we were comfortable with it.)

The reason for the texture was to give it a surreal feel, perhaps a story book feel, like your seeing it in a book yourself, and frankly because we thought it was neat and hadn't see video treated like that before. I do some wedding photography though and have treated my photos in similar ways.

I'm glad it was interesting to you :)

That's pretty fucking sweet. I love the stuff you did in post.

The song -- one of my favorites; I've used it before. Based on the low quality of the recording, I'm guessing you just got this off the internet, didn't record it yourself (forgive me if I'm wrong, but that's my first thought).

Just for future projects, keep in mind that piano is super easy to sequence (I'm talking MIDI sequencing, google it if you don't know what I'm talking about). If you're not comfortable sequencing youself, there are tons of music student who are, and there are so many terrific public-domain piano pieces ripe for the picking!

Very very nice. Some fantastic shots.

Im just assuming that it is based off of "Christina's World" It is very exceptional.

Throughly enjoyed it.

Back