T2i Shootable out of box?

I really really want to get a camera so I can starting shooting on my own and am seriously considering a T2i. The footage I have seen looks incredible and for less than $800 the camera seems like a steal. I am ok with the 12 minute shoot limit. I just want to know if the camera is ready to shoot out of the box? Will I have to buy a lens immediately or is it something I can hold off on while I learn my camera?

Haha, how about the olden days when it was a 25 pound shoulder mount camera and a 15 pound battery on back? Or before my time when you had to have a separate tape op lug around a record deck behind the camera for video.

I too was impressed by the 7D's size though, it feels meaty.

Haha, how about the olden days when it was a 25 pound shoulder mount camera and a 15 pound battery on back? Or before my time when you had to have a separate tape op lug around a record deck behind the camera for video.

I too was impressed by the 7D's size though, it feels meaty.

My grandfather had saved what must have been a home camcorder in his days. It was more than 20 pounds it recorded onto VHS tapes. I was maybe 14 or something then (in the 90's) when i used it in an attempt to make a short film with my friends. The actual size of it was what convinced most ppl to join the production. They were like "Wow! Big must mean good! Im in!" :lol:

Probably a 401K loan in my future this spring for a 5D (unless there is something bettter by then). What I'd pay for camera rental on a 10 to 14 day feature shoot (even renting my buddies HVX/Redrock setup) finally justifies it.

Back