Student Filmmaker approaching his 3rd year.

Hello, my name is Piang but I spell it as Pang since the pronunciation is easier for people.
I'm 20 and currently a film student in Maryland. Ever since I was 12 I've been doing video editing as a hobby.
I've made video game montages at first and then started doing a bit of motion graphics animation.
As I entered college, I was never interested in cinematography but that quickly changed.
My dream as a cinematographer or a filmmaker is to make music videos for a living.
I find a lot of excitement in music videos especially with the potential it has.
However, where I am right not skill-wise. I have a lot to learn in order to tap into those potentials.
And I hope my time here in this community can help me grow.

Thank you for having me.

What school are you studying film at? How has that experience been for you?

So previously I was studying documentary film at a small private university in Michigan. However, this year I decided to transfer and study here in Maryland. I'll be transferring to Towson University this fall, so not sure how everything is yet. I've heard some good things here and there, but wish I could've shadowed a film class or two before COVID started.

Is there a handful of others here from Maryland too?

So previously I was studying documentary film at a small private university in Michigan. However, this year I decided to transfer and study here in Maryland. I'll be transferring to Towson University this fall, so not sure how everything is yet. I've heard some good things here and there, but wish I could've shadowed a film class or two before COVID started.

Is there a handful of others here from Maryland too?

Towson would have been my guess haha. There aren't too many places with film departments around here.
I lived in towson for six years but I didn't interact with their students. Almost did one time!

Documentary is what got me into film. I starred in a documentary that was on TV in 2011.
The creators went on to make Undefeated and LA92, both very prestigious films and they inspired me to start writing and filming on my own.

Maybe one day if I can get my shit together I'll send them an email and tell them about it 😄
Music video is a tough industry these days. When I was a kid there was stuff like TRL (total request live) and different shows that would really promote music videos instead of just tik tok and youtube. You can do cool stuff there though.

Towson would have been my guess haha. There aren't too many places with film departments around here.
I lived in towson for six years but I didn't interact with their students. Almost did one time!

Documentary is what got me into film. I starred in a documentary that was on TV in 2011.
The creators went on to make Undefeated and LA92, both very prestigious films and they inspired me to start writing and filming on my own.

Maybe one day if I can get my shit together I'll send them an email and tell them about it 😄
Music video is a tough industry these days. When I was a kid there was stuff like TRL (total request live) and different shows that would really promote music videos instead of just tik tok and youtube. You can do cool stuff there though.

Oh wow, that must've been amazing! Best of luck to you whenever you decide to email them. 😉
And yeah, MV industry is definitely going to be challenging, but I guess getting there would be just as rewarding.

Back