• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Sound Effects Library

I am currently working on a short film about the life of a mime. And the need for sound effects for his mimed actions is required.

For example: when the Mime pretend to clean a window, you will hear that "squeeking" noise.

I was just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction in buying or downloading a large library filled with these miscellaneous sounds.

Your time and responses will be greatly appreciated.

E

If you have a budget you can try SoundDogs.com and Sonomic.com to buy by-the-sound. Sound-Ideas.com sells entire libraries.

Doing the sounds yourself is a lot more fun, not to mention that it gives your project a its own sonic personality. Or, of course, you could always hire someone like me. :D

If you have a budget you can try SoundDogs.com and Sonomic.com to buy by-the-sound. Sound-Ideas.com sells entire libraries.

Doing the sounds yourself is a lot more fun, not to mention that it gives your project a its own sonic personality. Or, of course, you could always hire someone like me. :D

I sell my sound guy on doing all that work (for free) by reminding him then he'll be building his OWN library as well.

Back