Sony Vegas to After Effects

I've been using sony vegas for as long as I can remember, and now that I plan to step it up on video editing, I should step it up on the software

I am pretty sure AE is WAY better than sony vegas, but Is it a pain to get used to? Hard to use for a beginner?

Or is working with sony vegas sufficient enough?
:huh::huh::huh::huh:

Adobe's After Effects is not quite the same as an NLE.

Adobe's Premiere is more similar to Sony Vegas than AE.

If you are looking to do plain editing, then Vegas ought to be fine.

What are you looking to do in particular with AE?

Im not doing anything in particular... but watching many of my YouTube favorites, I have come to notice that they all use After Effects, and while watching tutorials on After Effects, it looks intimidating, and confusing, but easier? Things like motion tracking and color correcting, ect.

I know I can achieve all that on sony vegas, but after effects seems much more... professional? Haha.

I suck at explaining myself...

Ask yourself want can't you do with Vegas that you would need After Effects for?

With Vegas you can slow down or speed up frame rate, you can animate, you can do green screen with multiple layers, you can do video effects like make an object glow, you can even do animated lens flairs.

You can do all that and edit without leaving the program too.

Hi!

Vegas and Premiere do the same thing: video editing.

After Effects, Combustion, Nuke and other compositing software are alike.

Think of a compositing software as a kind of Photoshop, but for video instead of pictures.

So do Vegas and After Effects play nice together? I mean, after you've done your NLE work in Vegas is there any difficulty or problems in opening and working with it in AE?

Thanks for the great tutoria link, though I see what you mean by sorta. But I'm not the sharpest tool, so I'm a bit confuse-uld and intimidated. His tutorial leads to lots of questions for me, but I'll chalk it up to my ignorance of editing and hope that I could figure them out. Eep.

Yeah, vegas looks pretty sweet, though.

WOW! Thankyou for that link, wheat! I edit on Vegas but composite and sometimes CC in AE but I never knew you could import without rendering. My mother thanks you. My father thanks you. My hard drive thanks you. And I thank you.

Its all serendipity, or fate if you prefer.

I started my reply with the assumption that you had to render out of vegas, I wrote a big long post on it, and as I was making my closing statement I typed something like.. "I bet there's a utility somewhere that will let you import vegas projects into AE.. " so I did a quick Google and well, there ya go.

Back