Sony Vegas Timeline Move

Hello,
Before I asked a question about moving an entire timeline of clips on a project, but I realize that now it doesn't move the other tracks (for music, effects, etc.). Is there a way to move these tracks, too, so that I don't always have to match all the video/audio tracks when I move them (essentially move them all at once?)

There is a number of ways to do this.

1. Your could, as already said, hold CRTL and select every component you want to move.

2. If I'm not mistaken you can hit CRTL+A to select all the components in the timeline and move them at once.

3. You can start using a feature called Groups. Lets say you want a sound effect in the middle of one of your shots. You can group the sound effect with the shot by selecting both components and then press G (or right click, and then find Group. Its under one of the categories, maybe Switches). This will group the items and they will be "glued together".

Hope this comes in handy!

Ok I tried the ctrl, but it looks like I have to select each clip seperately. I thought the ctrl + a thing would work, but it does't let me selct a clip in the middle of the project and move that and everything to the right of it over. I guess that is what I am trying to do. Make a clip shorter, then adjust the rest of the project (including all tracks) to move over so there is no gap. Maybe I'm still just doing it wrong. Sorry, I'm lost.

instead of using "ctrl"... you can use "shift" to select everything in between two points.... or, better, yet, use the selection tool..... it is up by where you select the "normal edit tool"... use that and whatever you drag the rectangle across will be selected... then go back to the normal edit tool to move them...

For anyone else that is trying to figure it out too, use the Ripple Edit Tool. There's a dropdown selection for the button that allows you to move just the track, or the entire project. Another option is to move one piece of media to the left and press "F". The rest of the timeline will follow and stay in sync.

Back