• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Some Good Lighting Techniques?

Hey guys. I need some good lighting techniques for my animation set. My set is a six foot long table and I have a stop motion animated pro wrestling film I am trying to make. The problem I have is I can't get my lighting working right.

Do you have any tips or techniques?

See that "Bayco 10.5'' Brooder Clamp Light " on the top of
the link you just posted? That's what everyone is talking
about. That work light is pretty strong - might be too strong
and hot. Try three or four of those clamp lights.

I know what they were talking about. I just seen the lights I found and thought about buying these. The clamp lights will be what I buy at the moment though.

My Set up Photos

myewsarenaset001.jpg

myewsarenaset003.jpg

myewsarenaset004.jpg

I'm getting mad. I don't like that animation much. What about you guys?
The movement of his arm is impressively smooth… I could never have the patience to do that.

One thing I would say is the framing of that shot makes it feel like an animation - you see how the camera is looking down on all of them and fairly wide? If you bring the camera down to their head height and zoom in a bit I bet it will feel much more immersive.

The movement of his arm is impressively smooth… I could never have the patience to do that.

One thing I would say is the framing of that shot makes it feel like an animation - you see how the camera is looking down on all of them and fairly wide? If you bring the camera down to their head height and zoom in a bit I bet it will feel much more immersive.

First I need to buy a new tripod. Stupid tripod broke when I was filming the animation tonight. :grumpy:

Sorry to jack the thread slightly, but I'm trying to set up a three-point lighting system myself, and I can't seem to find clamp lights anywhere in the UK. Fairly annoying. People seem to love the ones from Bayco, but again they only supply the US and Canada.

Back