So what did you do this week? (end 06/12)

I can draw some up I suppose :). I don't have any plans right at hand.

It's basically the usual setup though - a piece of 2'x4' plyboard that uses rollerblade wheels to roll on a PVC track. I'll post some pics when I get s a free moment. What type of dolly did you build for $25? Work ok?

...hmmm, lets see;

I found two grants I am going to research, I worked (hi-ho, hi-ho) and recovered from a bad newscast on friday. (we need a scream smilie!) Talked to a friend about Final Cut Pro.

...I went to see the movie 'Crash' :pop: and I am now watching(listening to) Headbangers Ball...

...gotta love Pantera....\m/ :devil: \m/ ...and I am now on vacation for a week! :woohoo:

--spinner

MrBobTV said:
Shaw, can you post a link to your $50 dolly plans, or tell us how you built it? I made a $25 dolly...it works like a $25 dolly.

I figure a $50 dolly would be only half as crappy. ;)

Bob

Search google for "skateboard dolly" and there should be plenty of results.

Pantera was awesome, yes.
smiley_rock.gif

Pity about Dimebag. :(

speaking of Pantera..... I borrowed a great little ibanez pedal for my guitar this weekend and now everything I play sounds like a cheesy 80's song. I could record some 80's style riffs for a short film but i'm sure there are enough of them around. :yes:

This week I put an Ad in PCR for some cast to be in my latest film that I'm Producing alongside director Chris Dwyer called 'Daydreaming Sexy'. Got lots of replies but no lead role suitable... so again I've got a casting report going in on Monday, which will hopefully yeild some delightful british talent from our native actors! The next step for me is to find some Audition / Screentesting space in london to film their shenanigans!
Currently, I'm looking into the funding part. We're shooting in August.
What did I learn this week? Milk left on the doorstep all day on a hot day tends to go off - note to self, get up early on a hot day to bring the milk in.

Last edited:
Zensteve said:
Pantera was awesome, yes.
smiley_rock.gif

Pity about Dimebag. :(

...Yeah, just tragic. I was just learning who and how important he was when he was killed. I've been educating myself of Metal and I love it now. Its just a tragedy...

--spinner :cool:

Shaw, I built a wheeled dolly; it looks similar to a furniture dolly. Basically it tends to jiggle a bit over most surfaces. I was hoping to come up with something cheap that would be free of tracks, but it looks like I'm going to have to go the PVC track/skateboard wheels route. Or the wheelchair/hand-held camera route.

Or the $14 steadycam route, which works reasonably well for shots that don't require a lot of motion.

Ah, gotcha! The PVC track really isn't too bad. I specifically went with a track design because I plan on using it outside most of the time where the ground is uneven. A track dolly lets me get smooth shots in these instances.

I talked to a guy in Vegas who was with a group of Danish film makers out of LA. He was a producer for a few indie films (none of which I can remeber because I was extremely intoxicated) but it was a good conversation because I wanted to know more about producing and found out its similar to the job I currently do, except more involved. But he was friendly enough and I got a lot out of the conversation despite the fact I only remember parts of it.

Started writing "Day as a Democrat"

I worked all day, took care of my kids most evenings and then spent the wee hours editing a fockumentary (fake documentary). Mostly that consisted of using Photoshop to create newspaper headlines, print ads and the like, pan and scan them into Imaginate and then plug them into Premiere. Also used AfterEffects with the Cinelook plug in to age some footage. I'm new to the forum, wanted to start plugging into the community now that filming is done, submissions are coming up and our premiere on the big screen is coming up.

I just wrote a few pages for my sequel's script then slept and went out dancing. yah, how not filmmakiing like weekend.

Back