So I have decided to make a short....

Hi everyone this is my first post on this site.

I am joining the community of other filmmaking enthusiasts and finally putting together a little film, I am shooting this year.

I love editing and enjoy coming up with little stories so when I get under way in the next few weeks It shall be good.
The plot will take place over many years (10+) and it is about one persons fear and anxiety to make a very important phone call, It's not Citizen Kane but hopefully I will make it work (I am shooting in my local area around the north east of England).

If anyone has any tips or anything they will like to share with me then you will be very welcome to reply.

Thanks y'all

There's several musicians on here that can do your music, and maybe some writers that'll help you out. I'm sure some actors in your area would be willing to be in it, providing it's shot well

that's the spirit, it could be the next citizen kane. As I 26 year old with big ambitions who knows what could happen. Orson probaly smoked more cigars than me though, i strictly stick to just cigarettes lol

thanks Alcove Audio and mussonman. I will definitely keep in mind the musician help. Not just music but sound in general is vital for me (as it should be) and that is one element of my short I really do not want to miss the mark on.

If anyone has any tips or anything they will like to share with me then you will be very welcome to reply.
Don't think about what other filmmakers have done. Find your
own voice.
Don't feel you need to make an excellent film first time out.
Learning is more important.
Sound is just as (perhaps more) important than visuals.
Light your movies. With todays cameras (even very inexpensive)
ones, you can get an exposed image with available light. Lighting
is important.
Make several movies. Don't put everything one one, plan on
making at least one, completed short film a month for seven
months.

Sounds good. I'd say try not to stress during creation about making it perfect. Obviously try to do as good a job as you can, but wait until you've finished to poke holes in where you need to improve. Then make it a learning exercise. Good luck!

Back