Simple question

Hey filmmakers,

In a good mood and just decided to throw in some off topic questions. How is everyone? How's business, tricks? :D

Getting swamped with projects I'm barely being paid for (mostly not).

But I'm learning from each project, so..... there is that....

-- spinner :cool:

things are not bad on my end. Finishing up one oft he short films, writing another one. Sipping on bold coffee, bout to head out to work! make money make money $$$

May day job is going swimmingly.

As a software build eng\buildmeister were moving to Agile and SCRUM process which is very cool. Landing a bunch of my build systems into a new VM based data center, current data center is sucking my will to live.

Film wise:
Cant seem to get any paying gigs, other the a couple of poptent invite spots. This really isn't surprising.

Im paralyzed on submitting my short film to festivals!

Im still trying to form a team. I think I have ONE addition who is with me, hes a great asset and good energy, I hope it works out!

Dayjob has been crazybusy. Just had a huge responsibility dumped on me. Busy it good though; ensures I will stay employed!

Creative work, I've got a few big things coming up soon, but nothing I will finish this year so now is a good time to take stock, see what I've accomplished, how far I've come and where I will go next. So then, in 2011 I have done music for:
1 commercial
6 short films
1 48-hour film
1 feature (including 2 vocal songs)
1 haunted house (music and sound effects, plus live performance)

Not too bad, and exactly what I had hoped to accomplish this year (as part of my 5-year plan) :D

I also started a band, did a show that was very well received, finished some recordings and am currently working on repetoire to do more shows in the spring (shameless plug: http://www.facebook.com/ghostestate)

So yeah, life is good :yes:

I'm okay. Wrestling with my new computer at the moment. I bought a new MacBook Pro a couple weeks ago. I was devastated to find out that Final Cut Studio 2 doesn't run on the new Lion operating system (well, it does, if the hard drive is partitioned and Rosetta is installed, but I found that out after I acquired all new software). Setting up a new computer can be as overwhelming as moving.

I'm doing great 8] Just finished my third music video, and I see improvement with each one. School's about to be over so I'll have more time to make practice videos, to practice techniques.

Back