Sign-off line

Howdy,
So I need help... I need to figure out a Broadcast News sign-off line! Walter Cronkite's was, "And that's the way it is, this day of (date)."

Ron Burgundy! "Stay classy San Diego!"
Any help!

Hunta

Serious. I need it so I can have some kind of Legacy besides my picture at TNN... Haha All these people have cool quotes or sign-off lines.

Sign-off line: "I couldn't make this s**t up if I tried." :)

Assuming this is for a script - what's the era? What's the era the character is from?
I kind of tend to think of news anchors as worldly seen everything there is to see type characters.

Might want think from the perspective of "another day another story"..

Maybe even literally? - "Another day from the newsroom at X broadcast network. Goodnight."

No. This is for my influential person frame at TNN, Trailblazer Studios, in Reno, Nevada! Haha! Not a script. Everyone has a sign off line. I don't have one. I was a studio director, then Tech Director. I engineered a Solidworks to Final Cut Pro/Motion workflow. Haha So I get a plaque thing!

And that's the way it is, whether you like it or not.

That was today, see you tomorrow.

If you thought today sucked, wait 'til tomorrow.

Life is hard, and today proved it.

I guess I could do something funny. My ex put up on her's DFTBA, (Don't forget to be awesome). She was always happy and made everyone happy... But idk. I make people I train cry. I tried teaching some girl everything I knew in Final Cut in an hour.

I keep looking at this thread and wanting to say something helpful.. but jokes keep coming to mind.

like..

"PAZZAH!"

or

"Goodnight. And Good Luck."

This is for my influential person frame at TNN

zomg hepl pls, internetz!!!111!!

This is an awesome sign-off line, as it contrasts well against someone highly organised (and able to cooly deploy new company-wide workflows & practices) while simaltaeneously being unable to express something inherently individual and personal.

On-site? Cool as a cucumber. As soon as the room clears... hittin' that Bing like it was made of bling!

or maybe:

...and that's how it's done.

Perfect final catchphrase for the on-site trainer, wrapping up their 1-hour crash-course in Final Cut. :)

Both of these are serious suggestions, btw. :cool:

, "...and that's what happened today. Any further question, consult a search engine. Good night, and remember: Start with broad search catagories and narrow from there. I'm Skip Blankman and thats news to me."

Haha! Well... I was looking at the wall today. Everyone submits their own picture for it if you're selected, but everyone is wearing a suit, or something, and looks stiff. I just realized there is only two chicks on the wall... Haha I'm going to be the youngest person on it... Here's a true sign-off line an anchor uses to terminate his contract. "That was f***ing great news! Have a f***ing wonderful day! Go f*** yourself NBC!" Haha! I will actually submit that... See if they'll accept it.

Zensteve, I'm not a trainer. Haha. Not only was I studio director, but they called me the intern filter. I need to get three teardrops under my eye for the number of interns that never showed up after getting me the last cup of coffee.

'Any further questions. No? Goodnight.'
'It's time to take my trousers off.'
'If you enjoyed today, stop smiling.'
'We'll be back tomorrow, apocalypse prohibiting'
'That was the news. See you tomorrow by which time that will have become the olds'

For my picture, I'm contemplating to wear a suit and hold a rifle. Someone has their cat in one, so hey, a rifle is like a cat. So... Gosh... How do y'all like, "Damn, today was boring! There is never news in Reno!" Haha Please tell me you know where Reno is without Google...

I don't know yet... Maybe I'll just quote Walter Cronkite. But I kind of wanted to be original... I need inspiration... BTW 100th POST!

Back