• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Short Zombie Film - MORBID

Hi all,

Here is a short film shot in Singapore by Vezari Studios, a small but dedicated group of indie filmmakers.
It doesn't have a lot of views right now, so if you could spare 7 minute to watch it we'd really appreciate it. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvrHl49THUQ

Synopsis: A man fights to find his loved one in the midst of a plague ridden city.

MORBID5.jpg

Last edited:
apart from the making, my question is where's the story? I mean a man just walks around and shoots twice and calls someone. what you try to tell with this short?

i like your making. i like the suspense, cutaway and the color . acting could be better though.

apart from the making, my question is where's the story? I mean a man just walks around and shoots twice and calls someone. what you try to tell with this short?

i like your making. i like the suspense, cutaway and the color . acting could be better though.

I got the feeling that it is part of a series and there's going to be a sequel. Very cool stuff though!

I know it's tough to here these questions(I get them myself)
1) Why was he opening these doors? Was he looking for someone?
If this were a series then you could clear this up later.

2) How was he going to shoot his zombie friend?
He clearly ran out of bullets when the gun clicked, and cocking the gun doesn't magically reload it.

All in all it was pretty good, and it did have a good amount of suspense.

Very well done. A nice piece of filmmaking. A little lacking story-wise, but other than that I enjoyed it. I hope to make something of this quality one day.

if it was in experiment section, I'd love to vote it.. since it's called short film, i'm looking for the story more than anything

I thought that was really well done. Some really nice sound design, solid cinematography and camera work, and the color grading was sitting at a nice spot.

I did feel that the quick blood shot after shooting behind-the-curtain zombie wasn't needed, or could have been done differently. I also feel like all the zombies were high school kids...it would have been nice to see different age zombies. I also felt like it was odd that they all had their shirts off...I think the shot is already way to similar to I Am Legend, and removing the shirts solidified that even more.

Lastly, the short is called Morbid...I think it could have an even stronger impact if when he shot through the door at the end, it was actually his girlfriend still alive and human...and he just killed her.

As others have said, I think this had a very lackluster story. It seems like with a little expanding, you could do a series from this, or an actual short. As of now, the lack of story really only puts this film in the video clip section--would like to see more.

Really solid work. Just my two cents. Cheers.

Last edited:
Do you have the braaaiinnnss?

Scream Screen is looking for short film makers to enter their undead films for the 4th annual internations Zombie Themed Short Film Competition.
Based in Newcastle, Australia.

$500 prize money and FREE to enter

www.undeadsociety.org

Back