• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

short screenplay

I've written a first draft for a short screenplay to be produced by myself and friends. I let a friend read it, someone who knows a bit about screenwriting, and he didn't have much criticism. I know it can't be perfect, so i'd like to let a few other people read it and give a little feedback.

it's only 5 pages so its a quick read, if you have 15 minutes please check it out.

I already have an idea for a slightly different ending which i think will be better, but it couldnt hurt for you to read it as is.

one of the things i would specifically like your opinion on, is whether you think it will work as a silent. there is dialogue, i planned on putting up subtitles. this is more than just a practical solution to make production easier, i think it will aid the sense of isolation i am trying to convey, like even the audience isnt there.

if you are interested in checking it out, pm me your email and i will send a pdf. (i don't wish to make it too public)

thank you ahead of time!

Last edited:
sorry about that, i should have tested the link. please send me your email address so i can send a pdf. unless someone can help me with another way to share it?

(i was so excited to see someone actually reply to my post, i'm so eager to hear some feedback, just to realize i messed it up!)

nah i dont want to post it publicly. if you'd like to read it just send me your email and i'd be happy to email you the pdf. just by the one reply i got, i realized there are a lot of things keeping it from being a perfectly formatted, grammaticaly correct screenplay but thats not what i'm worried about.

how do you feel about a silent short with subtitles? is that to contradictory to the purpose of a short film? could i get away with it?

Back