• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Short Comedy - A Bar Walks Into a Guy

Check out this short we just shot a couple days ago. It's more like a skit in a short 3min film format. Check it out if you don't mind, feel free to leave feedback. My buddy was laughing crazily like you see in the short, so we decided to break out the Red and shoot a little guerilla. Not great quality, but not bad for natural light and a 4 hour project. It's sure to put a smile on your face.

Filmed with a RED One M - 17-50mm Red Pro Zoom.
Edited in FCP and colored with Magic Bullet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K30zTtAZqwg

Thanks!

Last edited:
There went 3 minutes I'll never get back.....Okay I kinda grinned.

The punchline was quite amusing but the two and a half minutes of build-up were a bit excruciating to watch.

As CamVader pointed out, illegal use of music is not good.

If I'm honest it didn't really look like any effort had been put into the cinematography at all; it may have been shot on RED but most of it looked like it could have been shot on a consumer camcorder. Inconsistent exposure and colour grading, areas of the frame clipping quite badly (TV screen and his shirt while dancing) and the lighting seemed to be nonexistent.

But Dude, it was shot on a RED!

The punchline was quite amusing but the two and a half minutes of build-up were a bit excruciating to watch.

As CamVader pointed out, illegal use of music is not good.

If I'm honest it didn't really look like any effort had been put into the cinematography at all; it may have been shot on RED but most of it looked like it could have been shot on a consumer camcorder. Inconsistent exposure and colour grading, areas of the frame clipping quite badly (TV screen and his shirt while dancing) and the lighting seemed to be nonexistent.

I really enjoyed that somehow.. I seriously laughed!

I think you could have archived the same quality with a 5D though..
Some more color grading would have been nicer too!

Thanks for all the feedback, I forgot to mention (and edited the body of the post) that this was shot on a whim. My friend was laughing hysterically as seen in the video, so we decided to shoot a quick vid, since we only had an hour until they were heading out of town. That being said, we shot using natural light, shoulder mounted, turned on some cartoons, and said, screw it, let's just get some video. I boosted the highlights and diffusion to make it seem a little surreal since the body of the film is a hallucination - especially during his dance scene. Also, I own a Red One, so that's why I used it. Otherwise, I wouldn't have shot something so minuscule on a Red. The music was used because of the understanding that this was just a fun idea, if I were making a serious film, I would've either scored the film myself or gained licensing for sure, but again, this just a fun project that turned out to be pretty funny.

Last edited:
I love that you guys just said screw it "let's point and shoot"... Plus, I love jokes that over stay their welcome and then just keep going, and going, and going. Wait, let's go a little bit longer. Loved the ending too. Very funny film.

Back