• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Shooting Cornfields with a Sony-HDR-SR5E

My ummm, Director of Photography is going out shooting some pics of crops and farming equipment this weekend. We know there are more expensive cameras but with enough skill and patience we should be able to get some decent shots.

- A lot of my footage is from a Panasonic DVX Ag100b in Progressive scan. In order to make his footage match mine, should he shoot in HD or SD? Are there any other settings he should pay attention to for a closer match?

I am editing the tough cut in Elements which I'll later move to CS4 or 5.

- Any tips for shooting fields in general?

- Any neat tricks or tips for that particular camera? Would homemade filters, or stockings used over the lens help out for a couple of shots? I need a variety of moods.

He'll need to shoot SD to match yours, of course.
I'd not filter int he field. You can do all that in post as long as you have all the information to work with.

i havent used these cameras but, as grinner said, i think you'd have to shoot in SD to match as closely as u can.

maybe a couple of ND grads? The difference between the field and sky can be quite large.

Back