• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Seeking investors for low budget feature

Hi I've just finished the third draft of a script I want to shoot in Morrocco and I'm looking for investors for this low budget project (300 000$). Here's a sample of the synopsis (although the script is written in French and will be shot in arabic):

A JOURNEY IN PARADISE​

HAMED and TASHFIN,two teenage boys work as
goatherds in the wild south of Morrocco.
They lead impoverished lives, with very little in the way of dreams or
ambitions till the day they find a motorbike in the middle of nowhere: the motorbike belongs to the powerful man of the village: he left it there while he’s having fun with a girl...
For HAMID it’s the ticket to fly away to the Ocean, this massive body of water, they’ve heard of but never pictured... . Heaven must intend the boys to take it! Off they go.

On their way, they meet MAMIE, an old woman who “forces” them to bring her with them: she has never seen the ocean neither and now that she’s in the end of her life, that’s the occasion.
It’s then the begining of a long ride before they reach the White Beach: things happen to the trio , they get to know each other beter and build strong relationships, meet people, have fun, starve to death...and get closer to their dream...

I know what all of you will think : oh this sounds a bit like Motorcycle Diaries...
Well yes there's a common point: a motorbike...but that's it.

Distribution in North America will probabaly not make that much business but there's a strong potential for this movie in Morocco and in Europe, and it's the king of movie straight for the Cannes or Toronto film fest...

Anyway, let me know what you think about it and thanks to all of you for your attention.

Take care.

This actually the most interesting synopsis I've read in nearly three years. I really like this story.

Can assume that this motorcycle has a sidecar, because otherwise I don't see how you're going to get three people on it.

Will you PM me about this project. I'm not promising anything, but I am interested in talking some more.

I love your synopsis. If I had money, I'd love to help you out, but I don't. Keep us posted on the development, though, I'd love to hear how this project is going! Sounds like a good film!

-Logan-

It's a feature length screenplay.

hi yas
yes i like this. Looks very interesting.
Don't have any cash to invest at the mo, (won't have anything decent until 2008) but it looks like it'd make a greaat film.
matt

Back