secondary education?

hello,

I got great advice on my last similar post, and now especially I am just making a lot of shorts and what not. (of course It's very enjoyable, also). Im a sophmore now in hs and our school talks more and more about careers, college, etc. as we get closer. The way of thinking at school is college. 4year college. I know about filmmakers paths these days and was considering going into the business right away, but It doesnt seem possible to escape this thought train. Its prob. a goog idea anyway, though. Anyway, there is also sugg. that I stay somewhat near home (in region) at least in the beginning of college to ease out. So If I take a fairly nearby school (in milwaukee, chicago, etc.) should I try to major in film (any good programs nearby?) or go for diff. major, such as writing, then make films in spare time? It seems film school in general is a little more for beginners, lthough you get to do film full time during class. The best schools seem either too expensive or far away, also. should I get a good diff. degree, or go for film anyway? (i would hopefully be able to move farther away not too long after). Any sugg. for other degrees? Thanks again!

Perhaps the silence is because what you are asking is so
personal I don't see how anyone who isn't close to you
and knows you personally can answer.

Only you know if you should major in film. I know I don't
know if you should.

You can research your nearby schools way better than
anyone else.

What other degrees you should pursue depends on your
needs and, to be honest, I don't know you well enough to
offer any suggestions as to what you should study in college.

What I can tell you, is if you don't write and make movies all
the time - not just your spare time - you will have less actual
movie making experience. If you want to make movies, make
movies.

Back