SD, SDHC, SDXC ?

What do you use and recomend ? What experences on different brand names have you had?

Im looking at a Transcend 16 GB Class 10 SDHC Flash Memory Card for $23.99 at amazon.

This is for a T3i camera.

Thanks guys...i just want to get decent equipment ..no sense in getting all high end stuff when im just starting out! But the sdhc class 10 card seems like a nice/semi high end inexpensive piece that i can afford.

done and done!

just ordered the card but also picked up this little number

Transcend P5 9-in-1 USB 2.0 Flash Memory Card Reader TS-RDP5W (BLACK) for $7.70
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001NS828K/ref=ox_ya_os_product

I dont have a card reader on my PC and this is portable just incase im out and about

Last edited:
I'm sorry I didn't chime-in earlier, but I'm glad to see you bought the right card. For our purposes, anything above SDHC/Class 10 is overkill.

lol no worries..ya thats how i see it. Unless i have a high end dslr and im a professional i didnt see the logic in going overboard on this. Plus i dont think we would be able to tell the difference in quality with the current tech out there.

lol no worries..ya thats how i see it. Unless i have a high end dslr and im a professional i didnt see the logic in going overboard on this. Plus i dont think we would be able to tell the difference in quality with the current tech out there.

No, I mean it's basically pointless. Your camera only records and reads at certain speeds. SDHC/Class 10 is already faster than your camera. You could get a faster card, but your camera won't magically record/read any faster than it does already. The faster cards, as far as I know, are only a benefit for dumping footage to your computer, and 16GB, on SDHC/Class 10 takes maybe 20 minutes, at the most. Are we really in that big of a hurry? :)

No, I mean it's basically pointless. Your camera only records and reads at certain speeds. SDHC/Class 10 is already faster than your camera. You could get a faster card, but your camera won't magically record/read any faster than it does already. The faster cards, as far as I know, are only a benefit for dumping footage to your computer, and 16GB, on SDHC/Class 10 takes maybe 20 minutes, at the most. Are we really in that big of a hurry? :)

Ic what you mean :cool:

I'm using Kingston SDHC Class 10 cards, in my T2i. Very cheap at the local Frys.

http://www.twitpic.com/5hfupy

The only issue I had was discovering that SDHC cards fit the same slot as SD cards, but are not read by them (unless that reader is also listed as SDHC). I thought my desktop's built-in card readers were broken, at first. Spent a month connecting via USB cable instead, 'til I got that figured out.

Back