Screening Room

I was trying to make a post in the screening room, but it stated that I did not have access to that option. I'm fairly new here, so I don't know, but I thought that only the networking forum was closed to regular users and that I could post in the screening room. Are there certain stipulations that go along with posting there? Thanks in advance...

Josh

Jerboa said:
I was trying to make a post in the screening room, but it stated that I did not have access to that option. I'm fairly new here, so I don't know, but I thought that only the networking forum was closed to regular users and that I could post in the screening room. Are there certain stipulations that go along with posting there? Thanks in advance...

Josh
Hi Josh. :cheers: From the looks of your profile is seems like you have pretty good taste. What kind of films do you make?

Hi there, Mr Jerboa!

I see you have 16mm as a fave medium of choice!

I great to see new film-peeps about. (I am a noob at real film, and starting with Super-8) :P

thanks for the replies...cinematography, right now I'm working on some dark comedy type stuff as well as drama. That's what I seem to write is the more subtle and situational humor. I guess I lean more toward the type of humor that David Mamet, Wes Anderson, Terry Giliam, or Alexander Payne would do, but not exactly emulating any one of them. I'm not a fan of in your face slapstick type writing or just being stupid for the sake of being stupid type of stuff. At the same time, I really like to write stuff that visual rather than telling the audience everything through dialogue. Although, that style (show me, don't tell me) has not afforded me a great many actors that I've found that do that sort of thing. I'm probably looking at moving soon due to the fact that I'm having a hard time finding cast or crew to work with around here. A little long winded probably for what you were asking.
Zensteve, I just got into Super 16mm, so I haven't shot a whole lot with it, but when I get more money for it I will definitely...

Jerboa said:
I'm not a fan of in your face slapstick type writing or just being stupid for the sake of being stupid type of stuff.
Neither am I. I mean, once in awhile I'll like to see something really stupid, but for the most part I prefer wit over shit in the films I watch and make.

At the same time, I really like to write stuff that visual rather than telling the audience everything through dialogue. Although, that style (show me, don't tell me) has not afforded me a great many actors that I've found that do that sort of thing.
:D I've shot 2 films in Memphis TN. Trying to find actors for those films was such a pain. Not having the help of another producer didn't help much either.

I'm probably looking at moving soon due to the fact that I'm having a hard time finding cast or crew to work with around here. A little long winded probably for what you were asking.
Nah. There is nothing wrong with detail. Do you have any of your work in a digital format?

Right now I only have two music videos to where they can be seen online. They aren't the best things, but I can point you toward them if you want to take a look. Granted, they were extremely low budget and the artists didn't want to be there, so that made it more difficult. And to add insult, the guy who owned the location was having a bad day apparently and kicked us out after five hours on one of them. He told me something that short shouldn't take more than two or three hours to shoot. To top it all off, my actors backed out and I had to use some friends. So, needless to say neither turned out that well and aren't a great example of what I can do. So, with that preface, if you still want to see them, let me know.

and the artists didn't want to be there

Oh my, I could see how that would make things... tense.
smiley_pac.gif

my actors backed out and I had to use some friends....

that sucks, i have had that experience too, trying to direct a mate with no acting experince who is just there cause you've promised them a free beer at the end of it makes life very difficult....

Back