• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Sci fi drama 'THIRD BASE' set on Mars

slider1.jpg

Introducing 'THIRD BASE' - a 60s promo for a new webseries that I wrote and directed. It follows a group of teens marooned on Mars. Think Battlestar Galactica meets Lord of the Flies.

Shot on the F3 with a handful of Canon EF primes - plus an 11-16 and 70-210 zoom. DOP was Chris McHardy.

It's competing in the Movie Extra WebFest for a $100,000 production budget to shoot 7 episodes. We've made it to the finals, but need your votes to stand a chance of winning!

Click here to view the trailer on Vimeo

Be great to hear your feedback!

Some screengrabs below:

slider2.jpg

slider3.jpg

slider4.jpg

slider5.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great.

No Parents. No Rules. No Oxygen. lol

Really impressed with the production value on this. I don't know what the budget was, but you guys did a great job making it look hefty. And ummm...Aussie people are the hottest people in the world, so you've got that going for your production.

Hi guys - thanks heaps for your comments.

JakeSully - yes, did watch JJ's Star Trek movie a couple of times and liked the use of flares - has hugely been associated with anything set in the future... As we couldn't afford to hire in anamorphic lenses, we shot with Canon primes and generated as much flare as possible in camera. Then a quick trip to After Effects and liberal use of the awesome Optical Flares plugin :)

FormerDominator - thank you for your kind words! If you do get chance, please help spread the word on the project and encourage any sci fi fans you know to vote for the project via Facebook.

M1chae1 - total budget was $1200 AUD, shot in a single day. Pretty limiting in terms of production design, but we found a couple of locations that matched the aesthetic we were going for and shot around anything that didn't fit. If you look really closely there's an exit sign visible in one of the shots... but who says they don't exist in the future! :)

I liked it a lot, man! Looks super pro. The only suggestion I would have is to make it a little more clear what the conflict is all about in the trailer. But awesome work, dude. Good luck.

I like the double meaning of the tittle..
Every teenager is trying to get to third base!

Looks pretty good to. Its a great low budget premise. A couple really good sets and your mostly done.

That looks really good. The acting is good too. This really could become something if you got the funding. Wish you best of luck and hope you win. If you don't maybe you could find investors or maybe SyFy channel would get interested.

Thanks everyone for your feedback. We didn't win the funding unfortunately, but are looking at other ways to produce the webseries.

Would be great to hear from anyone else who has had experience getting funded webseries into production!

(There's now a HD version of the trailer on Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/33269963)

Great Trailer. hard to believe you shot it in a day with a small budget like that. Good job! It has taken me 5 years to make my movie Space Trucker Bruce and it doesn't look as good. My only issue is your liberal use of lens flares but it's an artistic choice I guess. They actually look worse in the pictures than in the trailer.

Thanks Ryonix and DeJager.

Have any of you tried Kickstarter/IndieGoGo? Do you think there would be an appetite for a project like this?

Will try and get in touch with the guys at SyFy...

Just a quick update - Third Base has been accepted into the Phoenix Comicon, which is pretty exciting. Hopefully it will connect with some sci fi fans there!

I liked it a lot, man! Looks super pro. The only suggestion I would have is to make it a little more clear what the conflict is all about in the trailer. But awesome work, dude. Good luck.

I like the "kids without parents" genre, but it does feel like there should be another plot device that defines the story in the trailer. Looks good though.

Back