• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

cgi Save Point Art Gallery

Over the last month, various innovations and breakthroughs in the Save Point Viz pipeline have rendered me unable to post even a fraction of a percent of the high quality art we're producing. Long story short, I sat and lectured Chat GPT 4 in cinematic design and color theory for days on end, built a code bridge so that GPT4 could pass along instructions to the pipeline robot that doesn't have enough memory to learn several semesters of of composition training. So the more advanced robot just feeds the less advanced robot short and concise instructions created using the much broader knowledge base, indefinitely. Then I built out a cascading wildcard system that can be used to endlessly diversify the creativity of a session, while recording each genetic revealed.

Long story short, midstage (HQ image gen) output is now much higher quality and yield, and this has resulted in an avalanche of art so extreme that this site's technical limits would keep me from posting even a fraction of a percent of the best work. I moved the Save Point Gallery over to Artstation, and it's updated regularly, so the fan of the project can simply check in here and see new materials.

I didn't really use any legacy work when building the new page, maybe 1%, so it's all new stuff if anyone wants to check it out. About 400 Amazing artworks from this week alone, curated from an output of a little over 9000 paintings created over the last 7 days. I've added a few below as a sample for visitors deciding whether or not to bother following the link. Much of the art is work from Save Point, but the gallery now also features exhibits that are just interesting art for it's own sake. I might still post especially noteworthy art here once in a while, but the main collection will be on Artstation.

00001-3439886066.png

00034-2135049418.png

00075-2135049459.png

00109-2135049493.png

00110-2135049494.png

00135-2480588524.png

1693650632207.png

00158-2480588547.png

01502-1366252414.png

01513-1366252425.png

Last edited:
Did the AI design this bathroom? I have no sense of interior design, but this seems pretty good
:)
Yeah, it designed the layout and I designed the aesthetic. What's happened here is that at some point the AI was shown 10,000 bathroom layouts, and has a good idea on how to compose a bathroom. Then the other half of the design has to do with that training I wedged in through ChatGpt, where the color, placement, and balance of items in the room is decided. So it knows that mirrors go on the wall and bathtubs on the floor, but it's the custom programming that positioned and painted all the items, with the goal of creating a specific balance I described to it.

That's why the earlier frames didn't look this good, because I just recently wired in this strong new layer of aesthetic theory training.

Last edited:
Yeah, it designed the layout and I designed the aesthetic. What's happened here is that at some point the AI was shown 10,000 bathroom layouts, and has a good idea on how to compose a bathroom. Then the other half of the design has to do with that training I wedged in through ChatGpt, where the color, placement, and balance of items in the room is decided. So it knows that mirrors go on the wall and bathtubs on the floor, but it's the custom programming that positioned and painted all the items, with the goal of creating a specific balance I described to it.

That's why the earlier frames didn't look this good, because I just recently wired in this strong new layer of aesthetic theory training.
Way cool. And I like all of these. Esp. the juice bar, which is killer. (I imagine George Jetson stopping by
.) And the sailboats. This one feels like the kind of art one could hang on one's wall.

Last edited:
01445-2125739849.png

01469-2605014595.png

00476-3856059306.png

Starting to see the pattern? A balance across the horizontal with 2 primary colors plus black and white and a 10% highlight. It's in all these pictures, though in some two of the 3 colors are similar, which is perfectly functional.

Attachments

• 01433-2605014559.png
    01433-2605014559.png
    653.5 KB · Views: 69
And, re interior design and the sailboats. I just imagined a set of these--real things: sailboats, cars, maybe motorcycles, bicycles, whatever--all with a similar theamy aesthetic, on the wall of some bright business--a coffee shop or something.

Although the background on the boats might be a little busy, but WFT do i know. :)

Last edited:
Way cool. And I like all of these. Esp. the juice bar, which is killer. (I imagine George Jetson stopping by
.) And the sailboats. This one feels like the kind of art one could hang on one's wall.
lol, I liked that one too. I tried to make the selection as random as possible, since the actual gallery covers so much ground.

Today I'm working on a "black chrome and fire" sub genetic, and it's going pretty well.
00691-2488072057.png

00694-2488072060.png

00935-2031548881.png

00982-1486492135.png

01126-2125739864.png
01009-3291062383.png

Ah, just as i am imagining impressionistic depictions of real things, we get--dragons and freaky fiery stuff. :) But cool.

And I've wondered, I've noticed, a lot of AI art (not these, but a lot) starts to look like a Frank Frazetta poster. For example, here is Frazetta's J.C, John Carter of Mars

839E0A7F-7466-4E2F-A20A-5AD873F43232.jpeg

And here another J.C., the other J.C. I think, by an AI.

1693750519253.jpeg

And I wonder. Does the AI think we're all twelve years old? :)

Ah, just as i am imagining impressionistic depictions of real things, we get--dragons and freaky fiery stuff. :) But cool.

And I've wondered, I've noticed, a lot of AI art (not these, but a lot) starts to look like a Frank Frazetta poster. For example, here is Frazetta's J.C, John Carter of Mars

839E0A7F-7466-4E2F-A20A-5AD873F43232.jpeg

And here another J.C., the other J.C. I think, by an AI.

1693750519253.jpeg

And I wonder. Does the AI think we're all twelve years old? :)
ok, good question. The answer is basically yes.

So I'm methodically steering it over to photorealism, but I've got a fight on my hands, and it's slow.

Here's the issue. I can't just train it to make what I want, I have to specifically train it AWAY from the global zietgiest. So the core brains, by default, have billions of impressions. It's not practical for me to rebuild the global database from scratch.

What does this mean? It means that every time I tell the AI to draw a photorealistic parking meter, it draws a scantily clad anime girl with a machine gun.

This is basically the results for all prompts, as the AI has been trained on the current global taste. Do infantile people publish more art? Does creepy ero anime dominate the media charts to a degree that I'm just not aware of (it's not really my thing, so I don't pay much attention).

This is not even an AI specific issue. When using 3d models for the base layer, I essentially have to go through 40 pages of Dragon Ball Z grade stuff to just find one normal model of a mailman delivering a letter. It's crazy.

Compounding the issue is that I'm marketing to basically college demo, which in frame of modern mentality, is about 16-50. Right now for example, the average age of a video game enthusiast is 46. So I'm aiming for something that should eventually look similar to Star Trek or Game of Thrones, or Law and Order even. But there's multiple issues, and for now, while just creating some art for sale or use, I can get usable results faster if I don't fight the system so hard.

Long story short, yes, AI in general thinks we are all 12. This is at least in part because this is the adjusted mental age of a large percent of the population that actively participates in online media distribution. Don't go to the crypto forms, or you'll find out what I mean.

Personally, I'm open to all forms of art, and I'm glad to make works that younger people, and older people, can appreciate. I'm probably skewing towards younger mentality art right now because there's a larger audience, which feeds interest and growth, and honestly, the goals in creating that stuff are clearer.

I actually make tons of stuff that is refined and intellectual, but it would be a waste to upload it, because no one would even look at it. Like that bathroom design for example is what I would call normal art for my age group, but it is such an uphill grind trying to grab social media attention with a photo of a sink, or stately mountain, lol.

Whip it real good. To me, and I'm an art ignoramus, I think i would like it better without the fire, the yellow. Just the wire whip, the reflection, and a black background. But again, as always, WTF do I know? :)
I don't know, I like the fire on that one. I was aiming for abstract, and it's abstract, lol.

and sorry, typo earlier. 33 average age for a game consumer, and keep in mind that ultimately, even though an unorthodox one, Save Point is a game. So that's the range I described 16-50 averaging 33.

To cement my point about the target painted for commercial maturity level amongst this demo. Here are the top 5 sellers publicity images, for that age group this year.

Ultimately, I think there may be more than one version of SP, set at different maturity levels and corresponding visual styles. Probably I'll end up with a highly stylized live action format, more akin to what you saw in the Echo demo. First things first though, just getting one functional product out the door that at least some group of people likes enough to support.

1693752225810.png

Last edited:
And, re interior design and the sailboats. I just imagined a set of these--real things: sailboats, cars, maybe motorcycles, bicycles, whatever--all with a similar theamy aesthetic, on the wall of some bright business--a coffee shop or something.

Although the background on the boats might be a little busy, but WFT do i know. :)
I actually really love those paper cutout sailboats for some reason. One of my favorites, though I can't exactly explain why. I'll no doubt make a huge series of thousands of works in that particular style some Tuesday.

I'm finding myself doing some editing on some of these--the fire on the whip, the background on the boats. It's just an impression, maybe my particular uneducated aesthetic, but it may (or may not) be worth considering.

If you enjoy editing stuff, just painting in free art programs or whatever, I'd be glad to give you uncountable images to modify in any way you wish. A lot of people really enjoy detailing art, it's a very low stress activity.

Long story short, yes, AI in general thinks we are all 12. This is at least in part because this is the adjusted mental age of a large percent of the population that actively participates in online media distribution.
This is fascinating. A little comic exaggeration, maybe, but probably pretty close to the truth.

It's an aspect of this kind of AI I hadn't really considered until now: In the same way that intellectual historians can talk about the world-view of a certain era through its art, we can look at the social, psychological (and psychiatric) makeup of our era, can interpret the components, compartments, and contradictions of the contemporary psych, which, compiled from an incomprehensible amount of data, can be studied, interpreted, and, almost certainly, exploited

Last edited:
I actually make tons of stuff that is refined and intellectual, but it would be a waste to upload it, because no one would even look at it. Like that bathroom design for example is what I would call normal art for my age group, but it is such an uphill grind trying to grab social media attention with a photo of a sink, or stately mountain, lol.

So, I think, grab away, grab away, with whatever you think might work. It has become clear, in the social-media world, that there is a lot, there, to be had for the grabbing.

But, grasshopper, you must never neglect your own path.

I'll shut up now. :)

Last edited:
Added a whole new art gallery over at Instagram, with, again, almost entirely new content. Because instagram penalizes you for landscape format, I had to just create an entirely new library of Save Point art that fit the vertical or square framing they like.

So maybe 300 new images like this

00080-2923897958.png

Last edited:
Back