• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Relationship-Themed Short Film Contest

We're looking for relationship-themed short films for our Broken Hearts Club contest. Falling in love. Getting dumped. We’ve all been love struck. We’ve all had our hearts broken, too. Instead of locking yourself in a dark room and listening to adult-contemporary, reminiscing about lost love, why not work through your feelings with a compelling short film?

The winning video will be awarded a $2,500 prize and have the chance for broadcast on Super Channel.

For more information, take a look at the contest page: http://www.superu.ca/contests/view/46

If chosen as the winner, they will successfully complete a mathematical skill-testing question and sign a contest prize acknowledgement and release form (including the 3 year TV broadcast license).

in the contest rules it says this:

What does it mean?
It means they can own your film for 3 years and don't have to award the $2500 if you can't answer a math question.

Wow where did you see the extra bit where you sign a contest prize acknowledgement and release form? (never Mind I found it down below....) :(

and what is a "Match" Question?

and my last question - why can't people just be freaking honest? (that one is sort of rhetorical)

Last edited:
Oops I meant math, that's what it says.
This info is further down on the page you read.

I have to state something here so that everyone knows.

There is a law in Canada that requires contestants to complete a skill-testing question in contests.

Here is a link

I would personally like to apologize for any bad things I said in here.

The contest is legitimate.

The more you know...

Interesting. It seems they add this so it's not considered gambling, even though the filmmaking part is skill, they add this for added assurance.

Thanks for clarifying. I hope the question is simple and just a formality.

Sorry guys, I should have followed up with your questions earlier! The math question is just a formality because of Canadian law. It's always really basic, simple math. The winner has been announced in this contest. If you're interested in checking out the winning film, you can watch it here: http://www.superu.ca/contestant/788/46

We always have new contests being launched as well. Check back for our It's Hilarious contest in April and a new animation contest next week!

I once had to answer a math question to claim a free cheeseburger at McDonalds. It's a conspiracy between the Math Teachers and the Prize Industry to force people to learn algebra and calculus.

Back