• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Relationship Card

Still finding festivals that played this....

madlab.jpg

wreckbeach.jpg

This one is still getting into some festivals this year! I just found out about 3 more entries in 2010!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaIDZQS2C8w

I love this.

Simple and effective -inexpensive high concept = Perfect.
Dialed in water tight script = Bullseye.
Pay off = Perfectly timed and funny.

BTW, I enjoyed your James Cameron blog entry too.
The balance of props given while objectivity retained made
for an interesting, dynamic read. Very casual and refreshing.
(Hope to see more of them from you.)

-Thanks-

My blog is always out there at www.peterjohnross.com for anyone interested. I try to keep the topics relatable to filmmaking on some level.

RELATIONSHIP CARD is easily my most popular short I've ever made. I credit the cast with the amazing delivery and great timing. The script wasn't as tight as it seems because I edited the crap(pier) stuff I wrote out of the movie.

This is playing somewhere in Europe next week and just played in New Zealand.

Excellent job.

All around I don't have much I can say negative.

One issue I had was the lack of camera movement. Now don't get me wrong, I feel almost 96% of the shots were fine for this piece. But if you see in most television and even films you will see at the end of a scene and/or a dramatic situation the camera will slightly move forward on a subject. When she said she didn't have an orgasm but only twice that would have been the perfect time for a dramatic pull in to put the male character on the spot. Then in the next scene cleaning the toilet I would have had the camera moving closer to him as he cleans the toilet and speaks of the stimulus package. Instead you have the camera sitting still and his head goes down in defeat (which is okay too but less attractive (IMO)).

Also, I don't think most guys are into reality shows, I feel they are geared more toward women. Not ALL of them, but most. So watching that much reality TV for this guy just confused me. I would have used sports instead.

But beyond that, everything is fantastic for this little short. Hat off to you and the crew and keep up the good work.

EDIT: Excellent effects by the way.....

Last edited:
"but,but,you watched it,honey".....haha.....that was a funny short....you better get back to the stimulus package,so your wife doesn't take the tv back while your at work..

"but,but,you watched it,honey".....haha.....that was a funny short....you better get back to the stimulus package,so your wife doesn't take the tv back while your at work..

I actually wrote this for the opposite of my girlfriend. I wrote my words as the girl and and her words for the guy, at least as it is in real life.

Just got notice that RELATIONSHIP CARD is an official selection to the WET YOUR PANTS FILM FESTIVAL in Indianapolis next week.

Back