Red not putting up idiots

lol yeah.

the motto has been around for a bit now, though.

its a clever motto that makes everyone smile but hides the fact that either they do not deliver on time or schedule unrealistic dates.

lol yeah.

the motto has been around for a bit now, though.

its a clever motto that makes everyone smile but hides the fact that either they do not deliver on time or schedule unrealistic dates.

Actually, I think it doesn't hide it at all, its rather blatant.

I was a bit surprised non the less, isn't it normal to stock enough units for a year's sale?

yes, it is blatant. but that is exactly what distracts you from being frustrated when they do not deliver as scheduled.

and to answer ur question: i think a lot of them r made on order.

It's not normal to stock more units than a handful more than what is presold when you're actively doing R&D on your entire catalog of products.

Red is a fairly small company after all, and they're inventing new tech.. that isn't a cheap affair, so it makes perfect sense they wouldn't have a large warehouse full of completed units.

Also, their statement about prices and delivery dates changing is mostly referring to whatever the next model is that's in development... reason being, when they initially announce a new product it's not yet a reality.

IIRC: They're pretty vocal about the cameras being made here in the US and (according to RED staff who post on their user forum) not sourcing stuff made in low quality plants with third world labor. That also adds time.

RED is an interesting animal both as a company and as a product. I don't always agree with their approach or outlook, but I do like the camera. Touchy little <insert expletive here>, but she makes some might fine images.

I guess they don't want people calling them every three minuets asking where is their stuff when they can refer you back to their m.o.

What if you have a problem with the camera once you bought it? Is their pov the same when you have a question?

Back