recorder pouch recomendation

I am looking for a belt pouch to hold my Tascam D40 recorder.Idea would be to use the pouch for the boom man and a short xlr to boom to make the boom more mobile.Looked at Domke pouches but not big enough.

With the small recorders I've used booming (Tascam and H4n) I liked having it on a lanyard around my neck. Since you have to get to it so often to see levels and hit record, it's nice having it right there.

I've only boomed a handful of times though. The pro audio guys I've worked with do the same thing.

I never came across those cases so I made a sling from mine.
Took a length of aluminium flat bar, drilled a hole to mount the recorder and a couple of holes at the top for the strap to clip to. I used a couple of keyrings through the holes then the clips from the strap clip to the rings. Glued a bit of rubber to be sandwiched between the recorder and mount and used a mounting screw I pulled out of an old monopod.

You really do need some way of slinging the device for it to be any use, especially if you are also booming.
First time out was a disaster as I was trying to stuff it in my pocket without tangling the cables and putting it out of record. Luckily I was shooting indoors and there was a table right next to where I was recording.

Back