Recommend me some VIDEO projects

Now, I got a DSLR Camera, which I desired for many months. Now that I got it, I can't do anything about it. It's school break, and I'm away from my friends. I don't have any crew to work for or work to, as Filmmaking/Video is not really a trend to my town. But I really WANT to make videos.

Any thoughts? I tried making a short film but people aren't really that cooperative since they are with their own stuff. Is there any VIDEO project that I can handle on my own, which I can shoot on myself, edit. (No fancy effects) Really I just WANT to make videos. I'm just so desperate :(:(:(:(

I'm brainstorming, but to no avail. I just can't think of any. Do you have any suggestion?

- Flora and fauna around your house or at the park.
- Walk along a park trail or path, document trees, plants, leaves, animals, rocks, moving water, etc.
- Vehicles driving up and down the streets.
- Construction site & heavy equipment.
- Waterway traffic or airport.
- Explore an abandoned house or commercial building.
- Document graffiti or trash around your city.
- Visit a junkyard or landfill. Don't forget the seagulls and other scavengers.
- Spy on people in public.
- Cooking in the kitchen, build a sandwich, boil pasta, whatever you're eating this weekend.

RayW is essentially telling you to capture B-roll - which can be very fun and very instructive.

What you should do is pick a theme; make it very generic and start looking, or even forcing things into it. My suggestion is "A to B."

Go out and shoot!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9zhKuV86NA

Film 1 minute of whatever this makes you think of filming. This is coming from someone who has not filmed ANYTHING creative in toooooo long. Im doing a short next week ! yaay !

Now, I got a DSLR Camera, which I desired for many months. Now that I got it, I can't do anything about it. It's school break, and I'm away from my friends. I don't have any crew to work for or work to, as Filmmaking/Video is not really a trend to my town. But I really WANT to make videos.

Any thoughts? I tried making a short film but people aren't really that cooperative since they are with their own stuff. Is there any VIDEO project that I can handle on my own, which I can shoot on myself, edit. (No fancy effects) Really I just WANT to make videos. I'm just so desperate :(:(:(:(

I'm brainstorming, but to no avail. I just can't think of any. Do you have any suggestion?

Actually, my suggestion is that you keep at what you were already trying to do (enlist other people to work on your short film). Sounds like you'll probably have to do some begging/pleading with those who are closest to you. Family, perhaps?

It's perfectly normal for a new filmmaker to have a hard time getting others involved. Some people will say they'll show up, but don't. Be persistent, be enthusiastic, and do your best to make do with the few volunteers you're able to rally together.

It doesn't stay like that forever. With each project, you'll improve. People who joined on will see that, and hopefully you made sure they had fun during production. If they had fun, and are proud of the final product, they'll want to come back and do it again. And then other people see you guys having so much fun, and they'll want to join.

It doesn't happen quickly (in fact, it takes time), but if you stay at it, I'm confident it's only a matter of time before you'll have more people wanting to join your projects than you'll know what to do with. There will be some frustrations along the way, but just remember to always have fun in what you're doing, cuz that's the whole point of it all, isn't it?

Make a 1-minute-long film, with a 2-person cast. Do it this week. Put all of your effort into making it the most awesome film you can, and I'm sure something good will come out of it. :)

Any interesting stories in your town? I'd bet there are... the old guy who always plays chess in the park, the tailor who's been in the same shop for 50 years, a controversy over requiring dogs to be walked on a leash at the park, etc. Find one and ask the subject if you can make a little film about it, look for stories that can be told in a minute or two, maybe shot in an afternoon. If you've got time, do one of these a week for the next month or so and I think you'll be amazed at how quickly your skills will improve.

Thanks guys! I really appreciate your inputs. And luckily, I have find several ideas to shoot with starting with jogging in the park :]

Wish me luck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9zhKuV86NA

Film 1 minute of whatever this makes you think of filming. This is coming from someone who has not filmed ANYTHING creative in toooooo long. Im doing a short next week ! yaay !

brb making a video about the bald eagle sex industry by pimpin' druglords.

Thanks for all the replies. I surely note all your replies. As of now, I was inspired from the replies that I have somehow unexpectedly developed my idea.

I have some worn-out toys from my childhood and from my brother and that I'm going to use for a story. I always wanted to an helicopter shot or a crane shot. So this is the chance! Plus directing is simple since this lifeless creatures are on my disposal. Haha. Thought, not entirely inspired from Toy Story.

Back