• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Question about creating titles in Premiere Pro.

When I create a title, it appears on scree for too long. I've tried exploring every part of the program I can think of to shorten the time, of how long the title appears on screen, but I cannot find it. I want to show the title, then the actors names, but want them all to be 4 seconds each on screen. Is there a way to set that? Thanks.

You can set a default duration for titles in your Preferences.

You could also right-click the individual title (on the timeline), select Speed/Duration and manually set the duration you want.

You could also drag the ends of an individual title (on the timeline), and stretch or shorten the title manually by hand. Just like a regular video clip.

You could also select the video track to make active, and use the Razor tool (or ctrl-K) to chop it in half. Delete the extra part you don't want.

If all else fails, open the Effects window and set some keyframs... adjust Opacity to zero, or fade out, or what have you.

Good luck. :cool:

When I create a title, it appears on scree for too long. I've tried exploring every part of the program I can think of to shorten the time, of how long the title appears on screen, but I cannot find it. I want to show the title, then the actors names, but want them all to be 4 seconds each on screen. Is there a way to set that? Thanks.

Right click on the title you have placed in the sequence. This will pop a selection menu. Now select the duration and type the time. Take a day or two to learn the NLE or else you will get stuck in every step. There are excellent free video tutorials available, just search in Google and you will learn it in no time.

Oh, Zensteve has given very nice response before me, so just ignore this

Last edited:
Back