Producers Rep.

Hi Again.
I also have this question, that I really need aswered. After my Directing this upcoming feature, the money I get from that I intend to Producer / Direct my own feature. I already have a script and stuff, and I want to shot it for Direct to TV release. somthing like a Network TV movie.

Can you tell me if a Producer rep will be able to help me get meetings with Studio heads after I have the finnished product? And if so, can you recoment a rep?

Thanks a million dudes,
Joseph Smith

joe_smith said:
Hi Again.
I also have this question, that I really need aswered. After my Directing this upcoming feature, the money I get from that I intend to Producer / Direct my own feature. I already have a script and stuff, and I want to shot it for Direct to TV release. somthing like a Network TV movie.

Can you tell me if a Producer rep will be able to help me get meetings with Studio heads after I have the finnished product? And if so, can you recoment a rep?

Thanks a million dudes,
Joseph Smith

Joe, or as most know you, Landon Parks (director_by_nature), what is the upcoming feature? Tell us more.

If Joe really is Landon I would welcome him back if he argees to become a productive member of this great community and stops his lies.

Landon is now a moderator on the filmmaking.net boards. Maybe he's learned to join in rather than lie.

Want the truth? I think I owe that to you anyway. This is Landon again, the onyl reason I did this was because I needed answeres to my questions, and there is no other forums on the net as helpful as this one. You want the real truth about me? Iv only made filsm for my local community access TV stations, None of which are what I'd even call films.

I used to be one to try and mkae people think I was the next big hollywood thing. But you know what? This is getting me no where. I guess the only way to get anywhere is to be me. I know I'll probably get banned again, so I dont expect not too, Just figure I should fess up before you ban me again, so that at least you know the truth.

Yes, I am a Mod over at Filmmaking.net, and love it. I have been a good boy over there and at other message boards on the net. I have learned somthing from this message board, and that is that lieing gets you no where but banned from the world.

I fully understand if you ban me again :-(. I just want to thank you for all your help you have provided.

Now, to answer your questions:

If Joe really is Landon I would welcome him back if he argees to become a productive member of this great community and stops his lies.
Thank you Directorick, But this lies in the hand of Mr. Indietalk himself.

Landon is now a moderator on the filmmaking.net boards. Maybe he's learned to join in rather than lie.
I think you will see that I have not lied after what happend here. This has taught me a lesson.

what is the upcoming feature? Tell us more.
I have several scripts, one of which I wrote myself. I will only say that it is feature that has to do with the 9/11 attacks. cant release anymore. Hope you understand.

I also have a few horror films in mind. But Im not really a horror fan. I like films by people like "Tim Butron" and the like. Dark and scary, but not a slasher flick.

Hope I have explained everything in the best way I could,
Thanks you again,
Landon D. Parks
(Alias: Joseph Smith) :)

P.S) I did not intend to waist anyones time by coming back here, if I did, I am very sorry.

But in this thread:
http://www.indietalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2283

You said you were hired to direct a feature and were in a battle with the producer on whether or not to use the viper filmstream. You said it had a budget and was going to be blown up to 35mm. When asked what the budget was, you said up to .5 million, depending on how much software you sell. Well, you said you were hired as the director, so why would you need to sell software to raise money for a film that you were hired to direct? What is the name of this film and who is producing it? Seems your posts are still the old Landon.

But in this thread:
http://www.indietalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2283

You said you were hired to direct a feature and were in a battle with the producer on whether or not to use the viper filmstream. You said it had a budget and was going to be blown up to 35mm. When asked what the budget was, you said up to .5 million, depending on how much software you sell. Well, you said you were hired as the director, so why would you need to sell software to raise money for a film that you were hired to direct? What is the name of this film and who is producing it? Seems your posts are still the old Landon.
sorry, I think I got my posts mixed up. I meant the budget for my UPCOMING film that I wanted to make may be up to .5 Million. and yes, Remember I told you guys I had a meeting with the Producer in Indianapolis? That pulled through for me. She is allowing me to direct her "no Budget" film. That Is no lie. I swear on that.

The budget for this Film I was hire for, is well, I think $30,000 - $50,000.00... Depending on if we go 16mm or HD. And HD is looking very favorable to me at the moment, since this would be my first real thing I could call a Film, and Im affraid I'll mess up if we do it on Film. With digital, I have somr room to play around.

sorry if I mixed up my post's....

for this Production: Final Title is not yet set, But the Working title is "Project Fear" :) Produced by Sara Acres from Indianapolis, Indiana. She is listed in the Indiana Production Source book I think.

I just found her E-mail Address... You can mail here at:
sacres4321@aol.com

P.s) If I am still welcomed here, I'll post the trailer and behind the scense in the screening room when we have it. That is, if you still allow me to be here. I dont want to make anyone mad at me by bothering you guys. At least allow me to prove to you im telling the truth by presenting the trailers once I have it :)

I'm sorry, no one told me to check the weather channel... it's snowing in Hell!!

Kid, you have bals that could arrive in a dump truck to come here & admit to what you did, so my hat's off to you.

As for a producer's rep. Finishing your movie, then worry about that. You won't get one without a finished feature film anyway. They talk to blow hards & wannabe's every day. The only ones who get represented have a finished movie before they call. NO exceptions.

I'd recommend making your movie, and brag about behind the scenes and trailers AFTER the shoot is finished.

Landon - I guess I spoke too soon:
She is allowing me to direct her "no Budget" film. That Is no lie. I swear on that.

The budget for this Film I was hire for, is well, I think $30,000 - $50,000.00
It's very difficult to believe you.

Offering an AOL email address is far from the proof needed; considering how many times you have told lies - promised you would stop lying - and told more. Does she know you are posting her private email on a public board?

Landon, no one here (and I think I can speak for the group) cares if you aren't being hired by producers to make movies. It's clear that you have drive, passion, ambition and (as sonnyboo pointed out) balls.
Produced by Sara Acres from Indianapolis, Indiana. She is listed in the Indiana Production Source book I think.
Easy to check:
http://www.state.in.us/film/prod_book/index.html

and she's not listed.

Landon seems to have learned nothing. While he may get some kind of ego boost from this game - I'm done with it.

Ok..... Thanks for the notes Directorick and Sonny.

VERY understandable.... Can we just forget I ever said it? Im not saying im lieing, but I just dont want to cause a thread "24p". I fully understand you. and Im not here to make myself into someone big. I think I said that above... Im not anything big, nor do I ever plan to be. I just love making movies, and intend to do it all my life.

Landon, no one here (and I think I can speak for the group) cares if you aren't being hired by producers to make movies.
Ok.... kool.... Understood. Im not trying to make anyone think I was... That was just the origional question I asked, and I got tons of help... Im doing HD. Thats my final choice. I grabbed 2 DVDs, SK1 and SK2 (also SK3, but thats not important (P>S: Im I the only one who found it hard to sit through the film without a break with the glasses on?? Im still seeing red and blue!!!). And looked at the differences in color and highlight between 1 and 2... Not that big of a difference for me to work with film over HD. Just call me a Video freak I guess, But I find it looks easier to work with on set and in post than film.

As for a producer's rep. Finishing your movie, then worry about that. You won't get one without a finished feature film anyway. They talk to blow hards & wannabe's every day. The only ones who get represented have a finished movie before they call. NO exceptions.

I'd recommend making your movie, and brag about behind the scenes and trailers AFTER the shoot is finished.
Agreed. this was what I was looking for. I will do that. If Im still welcomed here, (Indie has not banned me yet, Hopefully this is good) I'll post my trailers and stuff in the screening room and get you guy's advice on it. You guys have always had good advice for me, and Again, Im sorry for last time all that trouble I caused having to big of a head for my shoulders. I just figured no one would ever know the difference, But I should have realized you were smarter than that.

Thank you all for your help,
Sgined, you know who :))

joe_smith said:
Ok..... Thanks for the notes Directorick and Sonny.

VERY understandable.... Can we just forget I ever said it?

Um, no. When you swear you're not lying, your're still lying. You're a pathological liar plain and simple. Why would we just forget you said something and move on? You have no credibility here. Good bye. Again. Don't come back.

Guerrilla said:
Um, no. When you swear you're not lying, your're still lying. You're a pathological liar plain and simple. Why would we just forget you said something and move on? You have no credibility here. Good bye. Again. Don't come back.

Thanks. Indietalk can't maintain it's credibility as a community unless we, as members, have credibility.

Back