• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

PP Animation software

Hello,

I have this problem. I've got a lot of photos that have to be made into a video. But I have problems finding a software. I've been searching, literally, for hours! First, I tried Premiere Pro, but it's impossible because you have to import every single photo to the timeline, crop it and so on... Then I tried MonkeyJam but it always crashes (not responding) when I try to export. OK... Then I go to google and search for PostProduction animation software and all I get is lists of software for SHOOTING the animation. I search for more and more, go to YouTube, nothing.

Can anyone just suggest any software? It doesn't matter: free or not. I ujst simply can't find, maybe I'm doing it wrong but I really need your help! Thanks in advance, chaps!

I've got a lot of photos that have to be made into a video.

The first thing you need to do is prepare your photographs. You can easily set up a batch-conversion in Photoshop, that will automatically resize or crop everything all at once.

After all your images are prepped, you can Import As Sequence so that they are already considered a single flow of images. Especially handy for time-lapse or stop-motion photography. You can even automatically conform to specific framerates, on import.

Or you can just import the whole folder of them, and drag/drop as necessary.

All of this can be done in Prem Pro or AEFX, and is not difficult. The F1 help files should be able to walk you though this.

In project preferences you can set the default length of a still.
Usaully it's about 5 seconds.
You can set it to 2 frames. (Before importing any photo!)

If the pictures are a sequence, they probably have filenames that have sequential numbers.
If you prepare the crops in Photoshop, you can import the pictures as sequences or just import the whole folder.
If you import the whole folder: select all pictures and put them in the timeline.
If you import as sequence: you'll have 1 clip to put on the timeline.

Back