• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch pop/punk music video... any thoughts

Just thought I'd post this video here to get some feedback.

http://vimeo.com/19992490

Constructive criticism welcome.

Shot on location in Aberystwyth (Wales... the part of Britain we don't talk about :P)

Two camera set-up, two 550d (T2i).

Chilipie was working the flycam nano.

Feel free to ask questions.

Thanks,
SMITH

Yeh well done looks good. I dont like the song but that's got nothing to do with it. Only thing I might have done different was for the singer to not look in the lense and a few focus pulls a little out. I watched on a cracked I phone though so hard to tell.
How many takes did you do? Did you record audio yourself?
Once again well done dude.

Owen

Yeah a couple scenes look a bit out of focus.

I think it might benefit if you add a story. This just looks like a "pro cam" performance, not a music video. The latter usually has a theme behind it, instead of just showing the band.

I concur with that1guyy, I think it would have benifited to have at least shown a shot of the crowd from the stage's point of view, with or without the band in the shot. Focusing just on the band got repetitive.

I also notice a couple shots where the camera mans shadow goes over the lead singer, nothing major, no one but film buffs would notice!! ...but thought I'd mention it anyways.

But over all I think it looked good, the lip syncing was done very well, for what it is I think you did great! ...although not a fan of the music either... but that means nothing!

Looks great. Nicely shot. Editing is well done. I just wish there was more content. Band plays music. That's the video. This video demonstrates, very clearly, that the technical know-how is in place. It's just wanting for a little more creativity. Cheers!

Thanks for your comments, chaps. We did actually spend a day shooting out and about with the band, wandering round the town, playing pool in a pub… but it obviously wasn't included. To be honest, I do agree that it needs more to it, but in the words of the inestimable Malcolm Tucker; NoMFuP - not my fucking problem :)

Thanks for your comments, chaps. We did actually spend a day shooting out and about with the band, wandering round the town, playing pool in a pub… but it obviously wasn't included. To be honest, I do agree that it needs more to it, but in the words of the inestimable Malcolm Tucker; NoMFuP - not my fucking problem :)

Holy dog balls!! Footage of the band out and about having a good time would have been perfect for this video. It's "our Song" why not have "our lives" as the theme of the video.

Oh well.....still a really clean video.

Didn't care for the many lens-flare artifacts, but the video was solid overall.

I thought the editing was particularly interesting, working in the backup vocals like that.

Didn't break any new ground (actually, seemed like a bit of a throwback) but it kept moving well. I think the editor has excellent pacing skills.

agree the BTS was way more fun..
crazy all those DSLR's running around nary a shoulder rig in sight! Makes me feel sorta like, ah.. how do you say it in UK?.. oh yeah, wanker.

As far as the video goes, I like it. There are plenty of other music videos out there that are just “performance videos”. It’s fine, not hugely exciting, but if it’s well made (as yours is) it serves it’s purpose. Cool.

...the stuff the kids call punk today....

I’ve got to agree with this though! I hate the term “pop punk”; possibly the biggest oxymoron in music…

As long as the guys aren't wearing the same pants as the girls (skinny jeans), I don't mind it too much.

And I thought the 80's was the decade of andorgeny!

Ah well....still liked the video.

Back