• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Please release me

Hi, here is the draft version of Please release me http://www.leoearle.com/mobile/site.html - the sequel to the mobile phone film also featured in the Expeirmental section of indietalk

It could do with some changes, what do you think?

Perhaps I'll put Engelbert Humperdinck's "Please release me" at the end in monotone?

Leao

Last edited:
I like this one a lot.

I think you may need to foil his escape at the last minute, otherwise you've potentially brought to a close what could be a fun ongoing series, though. (or maybe have him escape from one cellphone, straight into another... out of the frying pan; into the fire)

I'm still not keen on that "Origins of" one I saw... it just didn't seem to work somehow, mixed with live motion... and as I said before, I think this kind of character really may not need an introduction. He is funny enough just being.

This little episode, however, is great. :)

Cheers Steve, it would be really good if the little man could escape only to be caught once again! I'll try + think up a simple/interesting scenario. I'm also thinking about ways of using the phone noises, images etc. to trick the veiwer...

anyway thanks again for the feedback

That was cool. I like how you made my speakers do that thing they do when my phone really rings.

...He could still be trapped in a color screen phone. Like some really high tech one. Oooh he could think he escaped and then randomly be attacked by some 3d monster. He could get chased around in horror. Cut to a kid playing a video game on his PSP or something and saying "I love this game"

Leao said:
Cheers Steve, it would be really good if the little man could escape only to be caught once again! I'll try + think up a simple/interesting scenario. I'm also thinking about ways of using the phone noises, images etc. to trick the veiwer...

anyway thanks again for the feedback

Cool.. what did you do the animation in? Looks like Max or Softimage?

Now *that* was great for an intro to him. :cool:

I kinda miss the noise effects you had earlier, but the new music makes up for that.

Liked the pac-attack, too. :)

This film was just shown at Edinburgh as part of Pocket Shorts. Couldn't get to it, but the film along with 7 others is now available from a mobile phone video vending machine called Bluevend in the UK. I still haven't been able to see the film myself on a mobile though! thanks for your help

Hi ZensSteve, at the moment you can just download it at selected film fests. They want to expand it. I think they're hoping people will download the films and then forward them to their friends. I haven't seen it on a phone as of yet. Soon you'll be able to get a copy at bluevend.com.

Not sure if you will be able to apply (if you're under/around 21 years old, then probably), but Youngcuts is having a contest for mobile phone videos now... check it out at:

www.youngcuts.com

Somewhere in a "Mobile Videos" section.

Back