• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

lighting Picking my poison

sfoster

Staff Member
What do you think is preferable?

Option 1) Shooting afternoon from 2-5 with direct sunlight coming from the right side of your actors.
Option 2) Shooting evening with direct sunlight for the wide shots and then shade/sun behind trees for the close ups.

Close ups in direct sunlight have the potential to look really awful, and I have too many extras and not enough help to erect some sort of diffusion sheet.
And changing sunlight has the potential to stand out.

What do think I should choose?

Weeeeeellllll...I also have a rather sick sense of humor. I also laughed at the end of The Blair Witch Project because I understood what was about to happen.
hah well you probably will find it funny then.
One of the reasons I didnt have the kid say any curse words is people always laugh when kids curse.

She had all her family killed and I was trying to go for a more dramatic vibe with the close ups on her face.

Crushed it!!! Big action finale with dialogue and 6 characters, firepit, broken windows and shattered glass, gunshots and bloody wounds.

Did everything behind the camera by myself! Feels great.
Got a few really killer shots in there and the weather was perfect.
you are such a lucky guy! i dreamed of directing (instead the accounting-related producing) some day, wish you all the best!

Back