• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Paper Man Promo

Recently a friend of mine asked me if there were any great movies about “mid-life crises” that I knew about. I was a little dumbfounded at first, but after I thought about it, these were the five that came to mind as the best.

Groundhog Day is a classic Bill Murray comedy with a unique yet familiar and memorable message behind it.

American Beauty is one of my top-ten favorite movies of all time, Kevin Spacey is incredible and this is one of those movies that sticks with you for the rest of your life.

Sideways is a great movie about friendship and adventure. It has a nice “indie” feel about it and is definitely worth watching.

Paper Man is the newest of these films. Jeff Daniels and Emma Stone give wonderful performances and explores the complexities of a platonic relationship between and older man and a teenager.

Lost in Translation is a great movie about feeling lost and finding someone to share that lost feeling with. One of the best things about this film is that the setting (Tokyo) seems to be a character in its own right.

I'm sure you guys have seen most of these if not all of them, but does anyone else have any suggestions? I'm eager to hear your ideas!

I loved "About Schmidt". Hit me at a time in my life when I was re=evaluating things about my own life, hit home nicely :)

I've seen them all except "Paper Man".

"Last Chance Harvey" (Dustin Hoffman) was okay, light but entertaining.

"The Family Man" (Nick Cage) is pretty good.

Recently a friend of mine asked me if there were any great movies about “mid-life crises” that I knew about. I was a little dumbfounded at first, but after I thought about it, these were the five that came to mind as the best.

Groundhog Day is a classic Bill Murray comedy with a unique yet familiar and memorable message behind it.

American Beauty is one of my top-ten favorite movies of all time, Kevin Spacey is incredible and this is one of those movies that sticks with you for the rest of your life.

Sideways is a great movie about friendship and adventure. It has a nice “indie” feel about it and is definitely worth watching.

Paper Man is the newest of these films. Jeff Daniels and Emma Stone give wonderful performances and explores the complexities of a platonic relationship between and older man and a teenager.

Lost in Translation is a great movie about feeling lost and finding someone to share that lost feeling with. One of the best things about this film is that the setting (Tokyo) seems to be a character in its own right.

I'm sure you guys have seen most of these if not all of them, but does anyone else have any suggestions? I'm eager to hear your ideas!
What midlife crisis. Men have them at any age.

"Falling Down"

Kinda, well, yes. I'll say it should be included as a mid-life crisis film.

Edit: Hmm..

Maybe not. What do folks think?

This is perhaps the best "Ad for a movie disguised as a discussion topic" I've ever seen.

To answer your question, The Incredibles. A two-hour wallow in mid-life crisis pretending to be a kids movie.

This is perhaps the best "Ad for a movie disguised as a discussion topic" I've ever seen.

To answer your question, The Incredibles. A two-hour wallow in mid-life crisis pretending to be a kids movie.

:huh: I'm confused, what makes you say that? Why would someone advertise old hollywood movies on here?

:huh: I'm confused, what makes you say that? Why would someone advertise old hollywood movies on here?

"Paper Man is the newest of these films. Jeff Daniels and Emma Stone give wonderful performances and explores the complexities of a platonic relationship between and older man and a teenager. "

My guess is that the above line was the sole purpose for the post. I may be wrong, and I apologize if I am. But we've seen this happen many times. One giveaway is when the name of new movie is dropped in a member's first post.

"Paper Man is the newest of these films. Jeff Daniels and Emma Stone give wonderful performances and explores the complexities of a platonic relationship between and older man and a teenager. "

My guess is that the above line was the sole purpose for the post. I may be wrong, and I apologize if I am. But we've seen this happen many times. One giveaway is when the name of new movie is dropped in a member's first post.

Gotcha. And I agree, those are red flags. But the fact that the movie has Jeff Daniels makes me think (no offense to OP) that (s)he probably isn't a part of it....

I apologize if my post came across as an advertisement, but the reason that it is the newest film on the list is because I just recently saw it at the Florida Film Festival, and it was the film that sparked the conversation with my friend since we both enjoyed it very much.

Our conversation is what prompted me to find some film forums to participate in with what little spare time I have.

But maybe, because this whole thing happened because I saw Paper Man, this could be an advertisement? :lol:

Correct, this is an advert for Paper Man, this username is twittering the release of the movie.

Good eye.

Thread moved.

I apologize if my post came across as an advertisement, but the reason that it is the newest film on the list is because I just recently saw it at the Florida Film Festival, and it was the film that sparked the conversation with my friend since we both enjoyed it very much.

Our conversation is what prompted me to find some film forums to participate in with what little spare time I have.

But maybe, because this whole thing happened because I saw Paper Man, this could be an advertisement? :lol:

Honesty goes further than BS here.

Back