PA Jobs

Just send in a resume. :)

You don't need a lot of experience to be a PA, and you certainly don't need a degree.

If you're concerned about having no experience at all to list on your resume... stop worrying. If you can't stop worrying, volunteer on some local indie-shoots that must be happening around town, to get a credit or two. (You may even decide that you don't fancy the PA job at all, doing that)

Get the list of production companies that applied for shooting permits and call them. In New York City, this list is available by fax. Check with your local film commission to see how to get it in your city.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I have a few more question:

What exactly does a PA do?

I assume that a PA doesn’t get paid, correct.

How do I go about getting a list of production companies that applied for shooting permits?

A PA (Production Assistant) is a fancy name for a "gopher", most times. Go 'fer this, go 'fer that. :)

The errand person, if you will. Fetch coffee, feed the parking meters, go tell so-and-so that something is needed, nip down to Home Depot and get a bag of nails, dash down to Kinkos to have more copies of the shot-list photocopied... whatever "instant" kind of thing may be needed, that is not required to be done by someone further up.

There is no "exactly" what they do. :cool:

No idea on how studios treat pay regarding PAs (I would assume they would, though low)... but as far as "indie" productions: Some may get paid, though most don't. Some don't get paid but do a great job, so they'll get called back for the next thing... with some pay. They've proved reliable.

Especially with low-budget indie prods... many times the cast & crew aren't even being paid. Hard to make a case for a PA. ;)

Back