• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Original Sci-fi Series: "The Portal"

rotoscoping is the fancy term for editing one frame at a time :D. Very interesting. What software do you edit with?

SteveSutton said:
Heh, I don't even know how to rotoscope or even what it is. I've heard of it, though.

I believe Ralph Bashki help perfect the concept. He would take live actors and paint in each frame to make them look 3D cartoonish.. Like Cool World, The orriginal Lord of the rings, American Pop and my all time fave WIZARDS!

he did some kinky x rated cartoons too.. like fritz the cat.

anyways I have JASC too. I love that . Ever video tape the sun rizing then import it in jasc and only import 1/100th frame.. its a cool effect speeding up the sun.

Oh One more thing Steve... May I have your permission to link your episodes on another BBS. I want to show my friends it. 3DCafe.com, maybe you're already a member there.

lots of great tutorials there for 3ds max.

we are getting together and making video tutorials now in avi format. thought most of them are for r4-r6 im sure you can get some basic help from the guys there.

Im just a beginer so I make tuts for people starting out. But this one guy is going to show me how to use Character Studio. if you invest in CS you could make some background characters for your long background shots. Also Poser 5 is a good character maker for background scenes. you can blue screen them in. ;)

A fan donated the server space. I'm not sure if it's his server or someone elses, so I really couldn't tell you. I don't think it's open to the public, though. Sorry.

My dad wants to set up a server for some new product hes gonna start selling, a dedicated server to just multi media, he told me to tell you guys we can all store our videos there, its not live yet, and it might be a few before it gets set up, but ill definitely post the URL, whenever it happens.

An on topic note, Steve, i did all those shots in your room/apt/whatever right? with a greenscreen(sheet/blanket :) )?

Do you use 3d layers to chromo key the green out and add in the fake BG afterwards?

Yeah, all the shots were done in my bedroom, most with the green screen. I don't use layers, I just adjust the transparency of the video in Premiere, either using the "green screen" tool or the "chromo" tool.

Most of the time, I just said the lines for the other characters in my head, then started talking again. Other times, I had to fix it in editing. It's tricky, sometimes.

I was only successful at downloading episode 2, but the super slow pace and monotonous dialog was starting to grow on me. These guys could be talking about changing their coffee brands they're so mellow! I dig the special effects too and the "inside the spaceship" hum.

Hey Steve.. check this out. Im learning Character Studio on Max6. you should update.

using a poser model I imported it into 3D studio max as a 3DS file, attaching a bone structure and animating it but applying a material called "Ink and Paint" so it looks sort of hand drawn.

http://home.comcast.net/~tr0g/cft.wmv

i also have a shitload of bip files which are prerecorded motion files for the bones.

I used one to make this guy fight.

Back