• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

one scene for 10 mins

Ten min short that i'm writing takes place in one room for an entire time.

So i open it with INT LIVING ROOM -- DAY

But when it comes to shooting, how should I break down this 10 paged one scene beast for shot list??
Page by page? Maybe assign a numerical value to each line, and go from there?

want to see how it would be easier to shoot it later on

Ten min short that i'm writing takes place in one room for an entire time.

So i open it with INT LIVING ROOM -- DAY

But when it comes to shooting, how should I break down this 10 paged one scene beast for shot list??
Page by page? Maybe assign a numerical value to each line, and go from there?

want to see how it would be easier to shoot it later on

It's one environment. Maybe it's one scene, maybe it's not. Who cares man? You're writing it for yourself. Break it down how you like. Don't get bogged down by rules, when you're doing your own stuff.

I'd just say INT. and then break down the scenes either by SCENE or create your own nomenclature and call it SHOT or THELEVANCHUK :D or whatever else suits your fancy. Let's just get'r done :)

Just as an aside, in scriptwriting class, you wouldnt believe how much time they spend talking about how the margins should be xx inches from the left and yy inches from the right. They even test you on it, something a 5 year old could memorize. Tarantino wrote Reservoir Dogs with a type writer and according to Lawrence Bender, the producer, had an embarrassing amount of spelling mistakes. Who's laughing now?

I agree with trueindie. In reality you're writing two scripts -- one to get financing and to recruit actors, the other is more like an elaborate shot list.

If you're not trying to raise funds, write whatever you think will work for you.

Good luck.

It's one environment. Maybe it's one scene, maybe it's not. Who cares man? You're writing it for yourself. Break it down how you like. Don't get bogged down by rules, when you're doing your own stuff.

+1.

When i dont have to show it or share it with other ppl, i write it down the way i plan on filming that day with any special notes i want to take care of.

For Power Up (one internal location, with some incidental footage from external)

I used INT. DESK AREA and INT. LAB FLOOR to denote the two screen spaces, either of which could be seen from the other...

Actions in real life cluster around spaces\objects. The "Parties and Kitchens" factor comes to mind.. or Offices and Water Coolers .. spend today observing our species need to orbit objects\spaces and youll find your answer.

Back