OMG! Not Another Blog Show

Oh wow, haha I didn't know this was called timelapse videography I thought it was just photos put in movie form really lol. Which is what, film really is lol.

I wasn't exactly sure what your vlog was about, at first. Initially, I thought it might have been a caricature or parody of filmmakers (or yourself) in general. I was going to suggest maybe pictures of yourself on the wall, to go along with the seemingly smug character presented. Really play it up, like a Stephen Colbert type.

I'm not so sure this is the direction you're headed though... especially in light of later posts which indicate this vlog will be in support of your actual career:

listen to me rant I guess. Especially my next log, which is going to be about Amateur Directors. A lot of people make mistakes, and it's good to learn from them, but there are too many people out there that break rules and think it's ok.

Actors don't hate on anything. They can support certain things; but not at the expense of the other side, position or experience. You certainly don't want to publicly call out "directors who do this, or producers who do that" with your smiling mug attached to the testimony for all the world to freely Bing up. Why would any director want an actor on set, who has been known to publicly bitch about what they are about to experiment with?

Accentuate the positive. :cool:

I wasn't exactly sure what your vlog was about, at first. Initially, I thought it might have been a caricature or parody of filmmakers (or yourself) in general. I was going to suggest maybe pictures of yourself on the wall, to go along with the seemingly smug character presented. Really play it up, like a Stephen Colbert type.

I'm not so sure this is the direction you're headed though... especially in light of later posts which indicate this vlog will be in support of your actual career:

Actors don't hate on anything. They can support certain things; but not at the expense of the other side, position or experience. You certainly don't want to publicly call out "directors who do this, or producers who do that" with your smiling mug attached to the testimony for all the world to freely Bing up. Why would any director want an actor on set, who has been known to publicly bitch about what they are about to experiment with?

Accentuate the positive. :cool:

That is actually really good advice about not bashing on the other side. I mean I do both acting and directing, and that is why I have this mentality, because I have seen both sides and worked with a lot of people. I understand that there doesn't seem to be a focus, and maybe I should have posted this once I have some material up.

I wasn't planning on bashing so to say, but things that a lot of amateurs say and think can make them look down upon by other professionals. I mean the 180 degree rule isn't a set in stone thing, people break it, but when an amateur does, it usually looks bad. also some things they say just sound ridiculous. Like "I'm a rebel" or "Other shows do it" ... Also , about not knowing what their equipment does or how to work it when I get on set.

If this sounds too much like bitching please say so, because it's not my intension, but more of my opinionated advice to not do these things, and or understand why you would do them, not just say "Because others do it"

..And about the smug character, it was kinda true and kinda an act, like I'm really nice, and helpful, but I am opinionated about subjects, and can back up arguments; which to a lot of people, make me seem cocky, because I actually research and know facts. I wanted to add a slight bit of comedy/smugness, but not overly cocky or assholish.

Last edited:
If you are going to practice anything, use the vlog to practice marketing. Learn about consistency and cultivating an audience. If you can learn this, you will be ahead of the ever-changing curve.

Back