Ohio Filmmakers and Political Ads

No problem. Glad I could help. Sucky situation any which way you look at it.

It depresses me. I wish I could feel sorry for the guy, but I can't. It's too dangerous to have sympathy to someone with a history of mental disease. I saw the city prosecutor today. We're having to file for the civil stalking protection order. It's all too creepy to not do this.

Did you find out it is in fact him that made it?

If it was, I wouldn't try to feel sorry for him at all unless I did something to him first.

He's unsafe if this was started randomly by him.

Did you find out it is in fact him that made it?

If it was, I wouldn't try to feel sorry for him at all unless I did something to him first.

He's unsafe if this was started randomly by him.

Confirmed by Vimeo's in house counsel to my attorney.

I have had no contact in almost 3 years, and settled out of court 2 years ago. Not sure why this issue set him off on such a personal bent, but it did.

Talking to the prosecutors, this is now a federal case for the criminal acts and a civil suit for the personal stuff. I hate having to spend the money on this, but it's worth it to protect myself and my family from a scary person.

lol. Wow. You should document it and make a movie out of it named "Catfish 2" or "Blowfish".

If you do, can I be in it and get residuals?

Sorry for your troubles Sonny, but all seriousness aside… Blowfish is kind of hilarious as a knock off film (I wish I would have thought of it, I just have Goldfish :no: )

-Thanks-

AND IT'S ALL MINE!!!! I'M GOING TO SPEND 200$ ON A SONY POINT&SHOOT AND DOCUMENT MY INTERNET RELATIONSHIP AND MAKE A MILLION DOLLARS!!!

How about in the midst of a failing solo career attempt, the now estranged Hootie finds himself in a web of deceit masterminded by the rest of the band that no one ever really knew or cared about? Blowfish- “Let everyone tell you what it’s about.”

Same $200 camcorder will work, F it. :lol:

-Thanks-

http://sonnyboosucks.wordpress.com/

I guess I should be flattered in some regard. This paints a picture that I'm way more well known that it is in reality...

Even the responses to posts are ridiculously written in the same voice as everything else. I'm just trying to wrap my head around the idea that there are 3-4 people out there that have so much passion in their hatred of me that they take the time to randomly find a 24 hour old blog about me, then have the time and interest to post on it.

Have I really become this well known?

The hate just didn’t gain the momentum or ever have humor it takes to get over the hill, I mean HOW is such a dead horse to beat that I’m kind of embarrassed for the person doing the beating to be honest.

The best thing on there is the off the cuff Fiona Apple bit, that’s hilarious.

-Thanks-

Wait, is this the stalker or another guy?

He posts that he works for one of the two.

It's him and there's no way that's the truth that this is someone from the political teams (why else claim it at all?). He uses direct quotes from emails he wrote me 4-5 years ago in the posts. It's pretty transparent, plus Vimeo confirmed the IP as the same as his other accounts in his real name.

Also note that all the responses are pretty much saying, with the exact same words, the posts themselves?

The hate just didn’t gain the momentum or ever have humor it takes to get over the hill, I mean HOW is such a dead horse to beat that I’m kind of embarrassed for the person doing the beating to be honest.

The best thing on there is the off the cuff Fiona Apple bit, that’s hilarious.

-Thanks-

Buddy is referring to the criticism against a video screenplay pitch I did
http://sonnyboosucks.wordpress.com/2010/10/12/this-video-says-it-all/

Yeah, missing from his critique is that the video was shot and edited in 1999..... when all of the things being said might have had more relevance. Also mysteriously left out is the bit that it played at the Sundance Film Festival in Jan 2000 as a part of something called "Pitchfest".

Again, I cannot emphasize enough that criticism is okay. He is entitled to his opinions that my movies suck and every movie I'll ever make will suck. It doesn't seem rational to assume all future movies will turn out some imaginary way, but that's okay. It hasn't really changed my mind about

Last edited:
Really? What is his name? I get around, so maybe.

EDIT: If you don’t wish to or legally prefer not to disclose their name here, that’s cool too (Or website whatever). If they are really in the political realm as they are claiming, then chances are pretty slim I have crossed paths with them. As far as the film making sphere, it would have to be someone from here, or through here, other than that I don’t know.

-Thanks-

Last edited:
Maybe now Blowfish (The as of yet written $200 camcorder, 16 kinds of home-made jib and dolly cinematic extravaganza!) will final get the respect it deserves. :lol:

-Thanks-

If they are really in the political realm as they are claiming, then chances are pretty slim I have crossed paths with them.

What are the chances that someone, even a volunteer working for a political party in October for a November election has the time to write 3-5 blogs A DAY about Peter John Ross an insignificant filmmaker in Columbus Ohio?

Is anyone really even thinking this could possibly be true?

Nahh, but then again in today's politics, who knows?

But there's nothing about politics.... just criticisms of my films. What political gain could come from that? If they wanted to discredit me for political reasons, there's no logical reason to re-post only the bad reviews from HORRORS OF WAR on Netflix. That has no bearing on the video I made for the political statements or deals with Fair Use. It's not even demeaning to me as a character.

I guess this guy thinks I'm unaware of the many bad reviews, or believes it will show a light on something that's already in broad daylight?

If this site were in fact politically motivated, they would probably want to do more than spout their subjective opinions about my film work. It would most likely want to discredit me in a way that paints a light that I am not qualified to be a political commentator or somehow make my opinion invalid.

There's not even a single mention of how my video put the words "Child Molestor" and an image of one of the candidates with it. Or Nazi. Or brought up a single political view. If they worked for a campaign, ideology is how everything is done. Paint the bad guys as what your team deems "bad". None of that is happening.

If the outrage were about my crass attempts at "Fair Use", there might be, you know.... some mention of it. Instead it makes ridiculous claims that I'm a pedophile that's into little boys....I don't know of any campaign person who would attempt to do this and risk the campaign legally.

As I said, there are other factors of evidence, but logic alone clearly paints the picture of a seriously messed up person with a lot of free time and even more anger.

I honestly and seriously doubt it's politically motivated either (at all), even saying it with sincerity is silly.

It's someone's ill concieved scapegoat cover obviously, maybe they hoped through that outlet support (hate) would snowball in their favor, but like i said previously, It's unfunny and lacks the steam to make it over the hill.

I was just discounting possible avenues where I might have left a blurb, i.e. any kind of online politcal forums or whatever.

-Thanks-

I was just discounting possible avenues where I might have left a blurb, i.e. any kind of online politcal forums or whatever.

Don't think it was you. This post was from years ago and before we'd ever interacted.

I honestly and seriously doubt it's politically motivated either (at all), even saying it with sincerity is silly.

Agreed. I'm just too afraid of someone who has a problem with recognizing reality, suffers from paranoid delusions, and thinks I am out to get him.

Of course, writing this here and now plays into the psychotic delusions, but I think this has run it's course.

It's someone's ill conceived scapegoat cover obviously, maybe they hoped through that outlet support (hate) would snowball in their favor, but like i said previously, It's unfunny and lacks the steam to make it over the hill.

Wait a second...so you're saying if it had been funny, more people would get on the Sonnyboo Hate Ride® ™ ©?

LOL

Back