• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Official Trailer for MOD, Web Series

That's a lot of guns bein' thrown around!

I gotta say, the cast looks abnormally young. Even the "grizzled veteran" neckbeard guy is really young. Why did you decide to not cast age-appropriate looks?

How much did the license for that Bob Dylan song run your production, btw?

That's a lot of guns bein' thrown around!

I gotta say, the cast looks abnormally young. Even the "grizzled veteran" neckbeard guy is really young. Why did you decide to not cast age-appropriate looks?

How much did the license for that Bob Dylan song run your production, btw?

Exactly what I was thinking.

Well we used what we had. we had a story we felt strongly about it but no one would want to help a bunch of kids with a short film in our area. But, we know what we want and when life gives ya lemons...cast yourself :)
As for the Bob Dylan license...i just tossed it on youtube hoping it wouldn't be taken down. but considering our future song choices I'm about to have to get permission for the song license.

Edit: Just to expand a little on what my friend here was saying. We are amateur filmmakers just looking to make something that others might enjoy and have a good time doing it. We are all around 17-20 years old and so we work with what we have. We put a lot of work into developing our characters and story and would just like to try and get it out there. We hope you guys enjoy it and appreciate any criticism you have. Enjoy!

-Dalton

Last edited:
Has a bit of a Bugsy Malone flavor without them breaking into song.

I wouldn't alert them to the fact you've already been using Hurricane when you ask for a sync license.

looks fun, I think you needed to answer that last question, that would be funny..
"heh, is he still breathin?"
Pulls out gun
cut to black
SFX BANG
"nope"

looks fun, I think you needed to answer that last question, that would be funny..
"heh, is he still breathin?"
Pulls out gun
cut to black
SFX BANG
"nope"

We thought about adding it in their but eventually decided not to just have a simple gunshot end it. Really I would've been just as happy with either choice.

Back