Odd composer looking for an odd project

Hello filmmakers! I'm an unusual composer, looking for an usual project. I just finished my first full length score, and it was more satisfying than any other creative endeavor I've encountered. Now, I'm hooked! I'm travelling for the next week for the films grand opening, but in the meantime I need to feed my new addiction. Here's a link to the trailer since I can't post the entire film as it is being released this week.

The film depicts a much deeper subject matter than the typical outdoor adventure, and this is where I felt I really dug in. I've uploaded most of the songs to various stores, and you can find them here:

I feel that this score had a unique requirement which admittedly I wasn't an ideal candidate for. At the same time, I did what I could to contribute in my own way and for whatever reason I think it worked out great! What I ended up exposing to myself was that while I really enjoyed the darker aspects of the film, it was abnormally fun to stretch my limits to the entire gamut of human emotion. That's when I realized that I wasn't composing for a film, I was composing my life.

Now, I must continue to compose the songs which explore the depths of all things "human". I do not think my sound is what one would expect from a score/soundtrack. However, I also think the typical orchestral soundtrack is not fit for many of the emotions relevant to the human experience. What I'm really interested in is a project that requires a somewhat familiar sound but is also open to exploring the unfamiliar.

If you've read this far, I'm sure we would get along swell! I'm not naive to the fact that I'm completely new to the film industry, and so I am offering to work completely free on a couple of projects. I can't take on more than one or two right now, but I feel that the mutual benefit provided by a free project would serve both of our needs. I get the gratification of being a part of your amazing work, and you get free music for your amazing work.

With that said, I've only set two expectations for my next projects:
1) I get full credit for the scoring, and can release the music alongside your film (of course with due credit to the film).
2) There are no expectations of producing a standard orchestral soundtrack. While I enjoy working with orchestral instruments and sound, I find these confines very limiting. My style is one that encompases analog synthesis, digital audio, as well as orchestral elements, and this is something I'm not willing to compromise on.

If you're interested in allowing me to be a part of your next work of art, please feel free to reach out!

Peace,
Tiny Lunatic

Last edited:
Hello filmmakers! I'm an unusual composer, looking for an usual project. I just finished my first full length score, and it was more satisfying than any other creative endeavor I've encountered. Now, I'm hooked! I'm travelling for the next week for the films grand opening, but in the meantime I need to feed my new addiction. Here's a link to the trailer since I can't post the entire film as it is being released this week.

The film depicts a much deeper subject matter than the typical outdoor adventure, and this is where I felt I really dug in. I've uploaded most of the songs to various stores, and you can find them here:

I feel that this score had a unique requirement which admittedly I wasn't an ideal candidate for. At the same time, I did what I could to contribute in my own way and for whatever reason I think it worked out great! What I ended up exposing to myself was that while I really enjoyed the darker aspects of the film, it was abnormally fun to stretch my limits to the entire gamut of human emotion. That's when I realized that I wasn't composing for a film, I was composing my life.

Now, I must continue to compose the songs which explore the depths of all things "human". I do not think my sound is what one would expect from a score/soundtrack. However, I also think the typical orchestral soundtrack is not fit for many of the emotions relevant to the human experience. What I'm really interested in is a project that requires a somewhat familiar sound but is also open to exploring the unfamiliar.

If you've read this far, I'm sure we would get along swell! I'm not naive to the fact that I'm completely new to the film industry, and so I am offering to work completely free on a couple of projects. I can't take on more than one or two right now, but I feel that the mutual benefit provided by a free project would serve both of our needs. I get the gratification of being a part of your amazing work, and you get free music for your amazing work.

1) I get full credit for the scoring, and can release the music alongside your film (of course with due credit to the film).
2) There are no expectations of producing a standard orchestral soundtrack. While I enjoy working with orchestral instruments and sound, I find these confines very limiting. My style is one that encompases analog synthesis, digital audio, as well as orchestral elements, and this is something I'm not willing to compromise on.

If you're interested in allowing me to be a part of your next work of art, please feel free to reach out!

Peace,
Tiny Lunatic

Peace,
Tiny Lunatic
Hello,
I am new to filmmaking with no experience under my belt, but I am eager to make new connections and try new things. I’ve been struggling to find emotional/dramatic music I can use for my film projects, so your post caught my eye. I’d like to reach out and learn more about the kind of music you compose.

Back