Occupy Wall Street

Anything that happens can be filmed. That’s a given. And there
will be people interested in seeing it. YouTube is the result of
that - people shoot anything and everything and people watch.

I’m certain that there are interesting people occupying NY, LA and
other cities and I’m sure each one has a story to tell. But then
that can be said about anything.

I was involved with the 6 week line up in Hollywood for the “Star
Wars” films. Several documentaries were made about the group and
the people. News reporters were there on a regular basis.

So I guess from the “eyes of the film community” there are people
occupying cities that could be filmed. And I know there are
thousands of hours being shot.

Do you have any thoughts on this, Fade_To_Black?

From a filmmaking point of view I'd hope for violence not safety. It'd make for more interesting footage.

I'm actually not shooting, footage or guns. And we're lucky that, here in LA, we have it very good, compared to some of the other Occupy cities. But I have been interviewed by a number of filmmakers and newspapers since I've been here.

http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/2011/10/occupy_la_city_hall.php?page=2

gelder

P.S. Shaved the beard Monday, after shooting a role in a werewolf film Sunday...

..."I'll Believe Corporations Are People When Texas Executes One,"...

!!! :lol:

That's brilliant. Great writing.

(Disclaimer: not expressing a value judgement about the politics of the statement, just the cleverness of it :) )

EDIT: Steve, I hope you don't mind if I quote you on my facebook and elsewhere. That's one that deserves to go viral, you know? :)

Last edited:
Will be an interesting test of resolve when the frost comes to NYC.

Agreed, I live in Atlanta, and have been out to the protesting area a few times, and even here it is getting cold.

Occupy Atlanta, is asking for donations of mostly things to keep everyone warm and healthy, such as warm clothing, blankets, and Vitamin C, and stuff like that.

I think all who truly believe in the movement will brave the winter.

..."I'll Believe Corporations Are People When Texas Executes One,"...

!!! :lol:

That's brilliant. Great writing.

(Disclaimer: not expressing a value judgement about the politics of the statement, just the cleverness of it :) )

EDIT: Steve, I hope you don't mind if I quote you on my facebook and elsewhere. That's one that deserves to go viral, you know? :)

I agree. Excellent line. And I WILL agree with the values therein!

Wish I could take credit for having written it, but that particular line was posted by a friend of mine on Facebook and I used it once the first weekend. I told the reporter 5 or 6 lines I had written on the dry-erase board, pointing out that I wasn't the author of that line, but it came out as mine in the article. He obviously wanted to go with the "Actor/Comedian" angle, so played it up more than I talked about it. A lot of serious points I had were neglected...

Ah, media.

gelder

Back