Not scary Halloween movies

I'm really in the mood to watch some Halloween movies, but I am having trouble finding some that fit the bill. All my google searches turn up scary/suspense/horror/thriller type films. :no:

Got any suggestions of good movies that are Halloween themed but aren't scary? And I mean ones that aren't meant to be scary, either. Not just ones that fail at scary.

Hocus Pocus was the only one I could think of, which I tried watching a couple nights ago. I only made it 40 minutes in before my nostalgia ran out and I couldn't take any more of the cheesy/kids movie vibe.

Sorry if that was rambly, I had a long work day and I've used up a lot of my people-skills energy :P

I dig this part of your personality Dready, for a windy city girl, you sure are a horror whip.. stay that way!

Witches of Eastwick
Something Wicked This Way Comes
Once Bitten
Nightmare Before Christmas

right on, wheat. Thanks for the suggestions :) Looks like Witches of Eastwick is netflix watch instant... sweeeet :D

what's a horror whip? are you calling me a scaredy cat? leave me and my kiddie cocktails alone!

@nick: :tear::mope: It's not lame....

and I definitely thought of Harry Potter, but I can't watch one. I've seen them all too many times too recently.

Sometimes I wish I could selectively erase my memory so I can watch a great movie for the 'first time' again. I've always wondered what it would be like to watch the Star Wars movies in chronological order without knowing what's gonna happen...

Beetlejuice!!!! YES. How could I forget about that awesome movie?

And I gotta agree about Nightmare, I usually watch that one at Christmastime.

An Eddie Murphy movie is not too horrible? That is surprising.

But that suggestion reminds me of another one: Haunted Honeymoon starring Gene Wilder and Gilda Radner.

When I think of Hocus Pocus only two things come to mind, and they both belong to SJP. :blush:

-Thanks-

:lol: I'm pretty sure that movie was my introduction to Sara Jessica Parker. Or maybe it was First Wives Club?

But my favorite thing about her is still her perfume, it's my favorite :) Which says a lot because I'm really a tom-boy at heart.

Transylvania 6 5000
Saturday the 14th
Student bodies
It’s the great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
The Frighteners
Monster Squad

Not really Halloween, but all pretty tame.

My intro to her was Square Pegs and some horrible dance thing with Helen Hunt.

-Thanks-

Well, the only Eddie Murphy movies I've ever enjoyed were Trading Places and Coming to America. But it's been years since I've seen them, I don't know if I could handle them anymore.

It was something to watch Eddie skyrocket from SNL (even hosting it on the fly while also being a regular) to movie after movie and stand-up that was huge at the time.

He’s obviously done well several times since his big initial splash, but it’s just not the same as it was, and yet he is one guy I would never ever under estimate or count out from another huge come back or even getting an Oscar.

There have been plenty of funny people since him (Some funnier depending who you like), but the hunger that he burst onto the scene and rose to the top with was fierce.

Unless one really experienced it 1st hand, it’s kind of hard to describe the comedic adrenaline and edge he injected back into SNL, but he did, he hammered the accelerator to the floor like I don’t think anyone has truly done since.

I think when that hunger is again stirred and mixes with the timing of a kind of reemergence in his later years (like Bill Cosby might have experienced), Eddie will again be something to behold and a force to reckon with.

-Thanks-

It was something to watch Eddie skyrocket from SNL (even hosting it on the fly while also being a regular) to movie after movie and stand-up that was huge at the time.

He’s obviously done well several times since his big initial splash, but it’s just not the same as it was, and yet he is one guy I would never ever under estimate or count out from another huge come back or even getting an Oscar.

There have been plenty of funny people since him (Some funnier depending who you like), but the hunger that he burst onto the scene and rose to the top with was fierce.

Unless one really experienced it 1st hand, it’s kind of hard to describe the comedic adrenaline and edge he injected back into SNL, but he did, he hammered the accelerator to the floor like I don’t think anyone has truly done since.

I think when that hunger is again stirred and mixes with the timing of a kind of reemergence in his later years (like Bill Cosby might have experienced), Eddie will again be something to behold and a force to reckon with.

-Thanks-

I agree, absolutely. I don't think we've seen the last of this guy. I never saw "Dreamgirls", but people say his performance was terrific. Dready, if you haven't seen them, "Delerious" and "Beverly Hills Cop" are THE quintessential Murphy movies. "The Golden Child" ain't half-bad, either.

Back