• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch New short - Awkward sleepover

Awkward sleep over

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y9HbmVWh80

well this was a challenge, at least for me. my first time shooting a night scene by shooting it lit and changing it dark in post. which kinda worked out, i only have premiere pro and not after effects, ive heard its easier in AE. i also had more layered videos then ive dealt with before bc of having to blur scenes out. i also for the first time tried cutting and matching up dialoge from one scene with the video of another and i think that worked out alright. oh yeah and sorry for the poor quality, it looked a lot better on windows media player i tried to re-convert it at a higher bit rate bit it didnt seem to help.

either way, this was one of the most fun videos ive shot with my friends. it was a really good time

That was entertaining. :)
I would have ended it with the other guy getting out of bed naked??
Fun film. Were you really naked???

Hey, that was pretty funny. The film itself was fairly underexposed throughout the course of the film, but the concept and the editing was pretty good. Overall, an entertaining video

Weak ending, but the first 95% was hilarious. :lol:

p.s. It was a bit dark.

the lighting was too dark? thanks for the input, do you happen to know any books or maybe some online tutorials about lighting that are really good? this scene was particularly difficult for me since ive never dealt with a scene that was supposed to be shot during the night. thanks a lot for everyones input im trying to figure out this lighting stuff

I don't understand why you felt you had to make it dark. Do these dudes not own light bulbs in their house?

lol, no they have lightbulbs. just thinking about if from a real life stand point though if you wake a friend up in the middle of the night you tend to not turn the light on especially when asking for a favor bc that generally really pissed people off to be woken up with bright light because their eyes are so adjusted to darkness.

but i see what ur sayin and maybe it would have been easier to work in him turnin the light on into the script. thakns for the idea

Hey, that was pretty funny. The film itself was fairly underexposed throughout the course of the film, but the concept and the editing was pretty good. Overall, an entertaining video

im sorry for what is probably a dumb question, but is underexposed reffering to the lack of lighting? do you think it would have looked better more lit? would it have kept the integrity of it being filmed at night if it wasnt so underexposed?

thanks so much for your guys critism of this. im sure it will help in the future

Back